Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2005, 03:03 PM

Default AJo in the BB

PS $20 NLHE

Blinds 150/300/25 (about 150/1000 left, pays 80)

Background: Villains are LAG. Hero has not played a hand after the following hand 2 orbits ago: SB Player who was UTG+1 limps T200, UTG+2 Hero raises to T1000 with KTo, MP pushes for 900 more, SB Player folds, Hero calls and beats 88.

BB Hero T7000 A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SB T10,000
UTG+1 T10,000

UTG+1 opens T900
folded to SB who calls
Hero calls??

Flop comes [~T3000] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB checks, Hero ???
Old 09-27-2005, 03:19 PM

Default Re: AJo in the BB

I fold preflop a lot here. You're looking to get in a way ahead way / behind situation out of position with two lags in a raised pot. Thats a tough spot to be in.

I'd check/fold to the continuation bet that is coming, you just didn't flop well enough.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:37 PM

I didn't raise BTF because of the KTo that I had to show down. My sense is that this is an easy push BTF otherwise. I thought it was unlikely that I could get both villains to fold even though I suspected I was ahead. Should I push anyways?

ATF, should I check knowing that UTG+1 will bet anything?
Old 09-27-2005, 04:04 PM

I'd probably fold this preflop but I don't think it's a disgrace to call. I can't see why you'd want to put in any chips post flop. Two people are interested in their hands. Yes they are LAGS so your hand MIGHT be good but I'd rather bluff tighter, thinking players than these two. You still have decent chips left after folding.
Old 09-27-2005, 04:05 PM

I tend to give a lot of respect to raisers from UTG and UTG+1, especially with an easily dominated ace. You say he's a LAG, does that mean opening from EP alot? If so, I may push preflop, putting on the squeeze. The pot is decent size to take away, but if UTG calls you're in pretty bad shape.

The flop isn't a great situation. If you C/R all in, which would be the best move if you continue, you will get called by a bigger flush draw sometimes and be fairly screwed. Basically I do something different preflop.