Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2005, 11:14 AM

Default $33 - LV6 - 6 players - Call push with 88?

***** Hand History for Game 2706693651
*****200/400 Tourney Texas Hold'em Game Table (NL)
(Tournament 15710998) - Tue Sep 13 21:27:35 EDT 2005
Table Table 12773 (Real Money) --
Seat 4 is the button
Total number of players : 6
Seat 1: A (820)
Seat 2: HERO (1330)
Seat 4: B (1300)
Seat 6: C (2015)
Seat 9: D (1035)
Seat 10: E (1500)
C posts small blind (100)
D posts big blind (200)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to HERO [ 8s, 8h ]
E raises (1500) to 1500
E is all-In.
A folds.
HERO ... ?

The question here. Player E has raised all in UTG before, with more than 10xBB, and has stolen the pot every time. (I can't reall call it stealing, not knowing what he has)

My stack is getting short ... and this may be close to the lowest pair I would consider calling with.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:21 AM

Default Re: $33 - LV6 - 6 players - Call push with 88?

I call this and hope the other fold, and expekt to be a favourite.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Player E has raised all in UTG before, with more than 10xBB, and has stolen the pot every time. (I can't reall call it stealing, not knowing what he has)

My stack is getting short ... and this may be close to the lowest pair I would consider calling with.

[/ QUOTE ]

This changes it from an easy fold to a close fold IMO.
Factors I'm looking at-
1) There are no huge stacks and no mini stacks. This is going to be great for stealing blinds, and I think your opportunities to steal will be of a greater $EV than your opportunity here. Again, I'm not on my computer with SNGPT, so I could be off here, but I'm going with my gut.

2) Ok, this guy is likely stealing, but he's not really really desperate, so we can't say he's stealing for sure. Often these ehh kinds of reads are all we've got though, so you really have to go with your gut. If 88 is borderline for what you feel comfortable with calling, I would fold. It is close though. For me, I would autocall with TT+ and Ako, and fold the 88.

I think the stealing opportunities are just going to be too juicy over the next orbit or two.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:49 AM

I agree with this analysis 100%

[ QUOTE ]
Factors I'm looking at-
1) There are no huge stacks and no mini stacks. This is going to be great for stealing blinds, and I think your opportunities to steal will be of a greater $EV than your opportunity here. Again, I'm not on my computer with SNGPT, so I could be off here, but I'm going with my gut.

2) Ok, this guy is likely stealing, but he's not really really desperate, so we can't say he's stealing for sure. Often these ehh kinds of reads are all we've got though, so you really have to go with your gut. If 88 is borderline for what you feel comfortable with calling, I would fold. It is close though. For me, I would autocall with TT+ and Ako, and fold the 88.

I think the stealing opportunities are just going to be too juicy over the next orbit or two.

[/ QUOTE ]