Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 05-13-2005, 04:44 AM

Default Re: hAA hAA hAA

lets turn this tiny discussion into a matter of the river play only considering the action up until the river. the river check made me say "huh?" as well.
Old 05-13-2005, 04:50 AM

after cr the turn, id expect an abc player to bet again on the river with two pair.

with two, a checkraise after turn play doesnt make sense for a straightfwd player. it seems like hes cr'ed with a strong king and now isnt sure if he has the best hand.

a bet for value is probably fine.
Old 05-13-2005, 04:56 AM

okay im beginning to think that i should have put in at least one more big bet into this hand but im undecided on which street. if i 3-bet the turn and the villain calls me im not value betting unless the blankity of blanks come on the river. if the villain checks the river i think its a greenlight to bet and i should have. its so unlike me to not bet since im usually on autobet mode.
Old 05-13-2005, 05:03 AM

I find that most abc fish that check raise often have two pair or better. Most of the time the check on the end is in fear of a player as aggressive as yourself. So a check behind is usually good.

You have to ask yourself how likely this opponent is to only check raise with a hand that beats yours. How likely is this opponent to check raise bluff? (It's usually not too likely.) How passive or aggressive is this particular opponent?

If you bet on the end, the opponent will probably just call with a better hand. And you could lose two bets on the river if you get check raised and call. Thus you generally have more to lose than to gain by betting on the end.

My thoughts are with Miles, the villian probably has some raggedy two pair or something.

Also, I'd probably 3-bet the flop. Perhaps the check raise wouldn't have happened. Then you'd know if you should bet the river or not.

Wally
Old 05-13-2005, 06:55 AM

I think Im with shillx on this one. His raises u on the turn, then checks the river...what?

At first his turn raise I was thinking two pair, but his river check is weird, I would assume KJ bets again. So it leads me to think he has KQ...

What do u guys think of three betting the turn and checking behind?

But as it stands I think I bet the river if he checks, if hes str8 forward hes not trying to induce a bluff, and why would he, u probably check right behind him.
Old 05-13-2005, 06:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, I'd probably 3-bet the flop. Perhaps the check raise wouldn't have happened. Then you'd know if you should bet the river or not.
Wally

[/ QUOTE ]

How do u three bet that flop?

Just curious, unless party just started some new 50/50 its half limit, its half nl holdem game.....I dont really see a three bet happening here...unless they raise of course.
Old 05-13-2005, 10:55 AM

He doesn't seem so ABC if he check raises the turn and checks the river.

What could he have CR'ed the turn with?

a) Two pair/Set. Then why wouldn't he have bet the river? Going for another CR? This doesn't seem ABC to me.

b) OESD/Flush Draw. Do ABC fish CR semi-bluff on the turn?
Not since I learned the ABC's.

I suspect that either you might have classified him prematurely, or he had some brilliant moment. Or maybe he misclicked raise instead of call. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, calling the turn seems fine, he could easily have you beat and 3-betting could mean you have to call a cap and a river bet to see a showdown.

You river play isn't consistent with your diagnosis of him as an ABC fish. Against and ABC fish, you should certainly bet the river for value. However, he might be more perceptive than you think and know that you are aggressive and that he can sucker you in for more. Is this why you checked the river?
Old 05-13-2005, 12:54 PM

abc fish busted out a money line for extracting the most from an aggressive thinking player (if he knows that much about what he's doing). You thought ahead and checked behind on the river. I like it.

Of course, maybe he was bluffing the turn? I've seen that occasionally at the 1/2 SH tables, and then they still call the river.

If you're going to put another bet into this pot though, I think it has to be a 3bet on the turn rather than a bet on the river. I think he'll check-raise a fair amount, unless I am greatly underestimating his fishiness.
Old 05-13-2005, 01:12 PM

I've seen a lot of bad players do a check/raise with a flush draw. I wouldn't completely exclude that possibility.

I think I check behind on the river, too, but only because his play baffles me.
Old 05-13-2005, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lets turn this tiny discussion into a matter of the river play only considering the action up until the river. the river check made me say "huh?" as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd feel better about checking behind on the river if I had 3 bet the turn. As it stands (along with your ABC read), I'd bet the river...and if my AA lost to an ABC who played 2 pair strangely, so be it.