Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2005, 08:15 PM

Default JTT9 utg

PLO - blinds .5/1 - I have ~$90. All relevant stacks have me covered.

As title says I have J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T9o utg. I limp, so does the field. Button raises pot to 8.50. BB, I and CO call. Flop is 984 rainbow. I check to CO who bets $10 and we call. Turn 8. Check to CO who now bets $20 and all fold.

Thoughts?
Old 03-16-2005, 08:32 PM

Default Re: JTT9 utg

Pot the flop or pot-cr it.
Old 03-17-2005, 01:46 AM

Default Re: JTT9 utg

Normally I would say that you only have an 8 out straight draw here (your T comes it brings a bigger straight to QJ) and should fold to a pot size bet unless possibly against only the original raiser or seeing at least 1 other call so as to get 3-1 + odds on your money. However in this case, you are being laid good odds on the flop since there should have been around $34 in the pot preflop and the CO only bet $10. Even on the turn you have a $74 pot and only have to call $20 and either of the two tens left will win for you. The question here is how the CO plays a set or top two, namely whether he habitually underbets the pot significantly hoping to get raised by an overpair or draw. If he does do such things then I would fold on the turn as only a T would most likely win for you with your straight draw being dead. Had the flop been something like 872 giving you a better straight draw, then I would lead at the pot on the flop but only call a raise unless I also had a flush draw to go with it in which case I would try to get allin.