Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2005, 02:45 AM

Default TPGK, standard?

(Preflop is a bit questionable. As I made the raise I thought to myself, "It's a position raise." [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I'm curious about the rest of the hand though (written after first response to thread)...)

Villains are all unknown after 6 hands. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

---

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. MP3 posts a blind of $0.5.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, SB calls.

Flop: (13 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, SB calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, SB calls.

River: (12.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP1 folds, SB folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16.50 BB

Old 06-23-2005, 02:46 AM

Default Re: TPGK, standard?

Looks ok.

A better play *might* be to just check preflop, and set up a check/raise if you flop top pair, since there are tons of people, and they might get odds on every street to outdraw you with gutshots and such.
Old 06-23-2005, 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks ok.

A better play *might* be to just check preflop, and set up a check/raise if you flop top pair, since there are tons of people, and they might get odds on every street to outdraw you with gutshots and such.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you're right. Checking and raising here run pretty close in value, I'd imagine.
Old 06-23-2005, 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Looks ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you're right. Checking and raising here run pretty close in value, I'd imagine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think this play is courtesy of HEPFAP. If I was actually playing, though, I probably would have played the same way you did -- it's become so automatic -_-.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A better play *might* be to just check preflop, and set up a check/raise if you flop top pair

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone who checks top pair on the flop here is not playing good poker.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A better play *might* be to just check preflop, and set up a check/raise if you flop top pair

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree - I played a hand like this the other night.

Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, Button folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (11.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, Hero calls.

River: (19.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

Final Pot: 19.50 BB
Old 06-23-2005, 08:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, Button folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (11.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, Hero calls.

River: (19.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Results? I still think your flop check stinks and I'm sure I'm not the only one who would feel this way.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Results? I still think your flop check stinks and I'm sure I'm not the only one who would feel this way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. First of all, you were the aggressor PF. What makes you think someone's going to bet for you? You were lucky that someone did. Otherwise, you just let all the draws get a free card on you and lost value on what is probably the best hand.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:40 AM

This:

[ QUOTE ]

Preflop: Hero is SB with J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls, Hero raises, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5 players)
Hero checks

[/ QUOTE ]

results in posts like this:

[ QUOTE ]

, BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, Button checks.

Turn: (5 BB) A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5 players)
Hero ???

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-23-2005, 08:40 AM

I don't like trying to check raise this hand when you don't know where the bet is going to come from. If it comes from your immediate left, the whole field will call one bet, then another when you raise, which totally defeats the purpose of the check raise. Also, there is the (somewhat remote) possibility that it will get checked through. And that would suck.