Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2005, 04:46 AM

Default Re: This is a very important post for me...

no U of I... better than that [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-23-2005, 04:47 AM

better? impossible.
Old 12-23-2005, 04:54 AM

revlis, i think this may be fate that i am reading this post. I go to NYU, i just took this semester off (not to play poker) and am starting back up again at the end of january. I currently play poker online, but have just started. i'm about break even at the moment because i play in games that are a bit too tough for me, (5-10 and 10-20 NL). Anyway, if you are interested in a roomate and someone to help you find a place to live, I am your man. I'm not [censored] around here. I'll be moving back to the city in a couple months and would love a roomate that i could talk poker with. PM me, even if you don't want a roomate, i can help you out with finding an apartment.
Old 12-23-2005, 05:58 AM

He must be kidding about a better school than Illinois....Anyway, you definitely want to limit the variance. I played 3/4 tables of party 10/20 NL during this summer after consistently winning at 6max 5/10. My swings were ridiculous. With over a 100k roll I had 65k down swing(some maniacal playing + tilt) , but made most of it back(26k in one night). Now you will probably not see that 2 tabling and playing TAG, but I thought it was worth pointing out. I might be an extreme case, but 50k is not a lot of money at 10/20 NL shorthanded. Just be careful with it. A lot of times after I big loss I would think about how I could be 8 tabling lower stakes full tables and slowly building up my roll. Also how much are you going to have to pay in taxes? Anyway I would still try it out. Good luck to you.
Old 12-23-2005, 06:03 AM

I dont know eaxctly what i've made this year but its somewhere int eh neighborhood of 75 k ... but i dont owe till april so thats the coool part. ANy other negative criticisms of the plan besides AZK raining on my parade? Jk i want the alternative point of view , thats very important to me. And, like, I've never done anything lie kthis before. cept when i went to europe on my $ for 5 weeks last summer... what the hell do i do to get this all started? fly from (chicago) to NY and appt shop? i have friends who can/will put me up... or do I waiit till xmas break is over, spend it with family and then just bring a big suitcase and ship my comp/monitors? i feel naive... but im ambitious and excited...