Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2005, 08:00 PM

Default Re: another boring hand because I play bad 3/6 kill Live

I like the preflop call, due to position.

I think it was a mistake to raise the flop.

I call the flop and raise the turn.
Old 11-12-2005, 08:47 PM

i'm grunching...

If he's not LRR with AA or KK, then what? I think we want to see his cards, so we go into calldown mode and call another non-biggee river. On the other hand, a raise here might just fold him, but we may be looking to fold our hand if 3-bet. We'd only be getting like 16:1 here to hit our 2-outer.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it was a mistake to raise the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

curious as to why you think that

[ QUOTE ]
If he's not LRR with AA or KK, then what? I think we want to see his cards, so we go into calldown mode and call another non-biggee river. On the other hand, a raise here might just fold him, but we may be looking to fold our hand if 3-bet. We'd only be getting like 16:1 here to hit our 2-outer.

[/ QUOTE ]

usually suited connectors, baby aces, or pocket pairs .. the spite ones can be any2cards

my gut reaction was he wouldn't continue the spastic vendetta aggression if I fired back on the turn, and a raise might pick the pot up right there, and considering its 11BB, thats prob the best reason for raising.
for HU considerations
6outs has an equity of about 1.65BB on the turn, thats worth going after with a raise

77 and 88 only have 2outs, equity of .55BB I gain more by letting bluff

a hand like J8, Q8, J7 only have 3outs, .825BB equity, letting him bluff is optimal

Kx, set has 10.45BB equity, and 3bets me, calling is better

a straight has me dead, calling down is better

a pair has 5outs 1.375BB equity, though is rarely folding, raising is better than calling

hands with more than 6outs won't fold here, but raising is better since I get in 2bets as a pretty large favorite
ok so if he has more than 3outs, raising is better since it can pick the pot up, or make him put in 2bets as a big underdog, if he has me beat, or has 2 or 3outs, raising is the inferior decision, as I either put in money as a big underdog, or lose out on EV by letting him continue bluffing .. just quick mental math says that he's more likely to have a hand that isn't ahead but with more than 3outs, than a hand that is ahead of me, or one that I'd prefer to continue bluffing, so a raise here is the play HU

3handed raising is better than HU, since my hand is rarely in a position of WA, collect an overcall type of situation, getting a 6outer to fold is a solid boost in equity