Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2005, 12:50 PM

Default Re: 6max standard??

[ QUOTE ]
Why do things change if it's HU on the turn? Are we betting hoping to get villan to fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

With 2 opponents it's very possible one of our opponents is on a draw and one has a made hand. It's less likely that both are on draws as there are only so many hearts or straight draw cards that could be out there.

If one folds then there's a reasonable chance we're only against another draw. If this is the case we can value bet the turn (because we are very likely currently ahead of most draws and definitely ahead of all flush draws) and check behind on the river. If we get check/raised on the turn heads up we can safely fold the river unimproved.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:51 PM

the difference between raising and limping this preflop is small against opponents who usually won't ever fold a pair postflop.

and i think this hand is standard postflop, and i'm not betting unimproved even if heads up on the turn (against either opponent).
Old 11-09-2005, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the difference between raising and limping this preflop is small against opponents who usually won't ever fold a pair postflop.

and i think this hand is standard postflop, and i'm not betting unimproved even if heads up on the turn (against either opponent).

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you raise if you hit your ace on the river if bet into? Do you call with the 5? I would probably call with both a 5 and an ace.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you raise if you hit your ace on the river if bet into?

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:02 PM

Interesting hand esp with no reads.

I roll a dice:

PreFlop: limp-raise: 4-2
Flop: call-raise: 2-4
Turn: take free card Y/N: 5-1

Who says that poker is not a lucky game.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:40 PM

I'm too lazy to look but I am almost positive this is straight from a hand quiz in SSHE, one of the slightly more argued hands. I think this is perfect though, especailly because it is 6max so they could be betting weaker holdings and your ace will hold up more often if it hits.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:39 PM

QFT when I started 6-max I raised all sorts of random [censored]. It takes a few hundred hands to get the feel for it.

With that said, A8s or less is an EASY limp behind. A naked ace doesn't have much value multiway, you are playing the hand for the time you get flush-draws (and occasionally make the A win). You wouldn't raise 87s in this situation, A5s isn't really any better.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I usually raise A5s with 1-2 limpers from the button. Is this wrong? I'm just startin in 6-max so forgive my ignorance.

That being said I agree you should pump the pot on that flop!

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of people when first starting 6max make the mistake of being too aggressive. With the limpers there's no need to raise here. Limp in and take a flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-09-2005, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With that said, A8s or less is an EASY limp behind. A naked ace doesn't have much value multiway, you are playing the hand for the time you get flush-draws (and occasionally make the A win). You wouldn't raise 87s in this situation, A5s isn't really any better.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's all a matter of game conditions, image, etc. How tight the blinds are, how willing players are to fold when they miss the flop and whether it's 1 or 2 limpers are nearly as important as the actual cards.