Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2005, 07:01 AM

Default Re: Misplayed Rockets anytime? 30/60 Party

Anyone like just calling the flop 3-bet and letting SB keep the initiative, so you can be much more likely to be able to raise SB's turn bet and charge both opponent's 2 BB to see the river?

If the SB doesn't donkbet the turn, they are getting 13 and 14 to 1 to call your turn bet and see the river.
Old 10-05-2005, 07:13 AM

my whole point with this hand, was that you can easily deduce that he holds KK or QQ most likely and rule out
JJJ because he doesnt three bet the turn. There is some small chance that he hold AJs, but small because this isnt necessarily a three bet hand. On the river, when the queen pops, and you've been betting, I'd be more inclined to check. The reason is, even if statistically he will hold KK two times to QQ, by betting, you will win 1 bet from KK two times and lose two bets by being checkraised with QQQ. The net profit of a river value bet is effectively zero. In order to minimize fluctuations, it might be better to check, especially since you have been in the lead all the way and are in position to be check raised. For those of you who think there is a reasonable chance he holds AJ or AQ, go ahead and bet, there is no -EV to it, but from how the hand was played I dont think he would hold one of these hands.
I commenting that the rest of the play throughout the hand was excellent, no criticisms.
And for this input into this thread which really didnt need to be posted at all (I mean, whats the big deal here? There aren't any tough decisions, neither betting nor checking the river is really wrong), many people told me to stop posting because I just cant see what an idiot I am.

?!? whats wrong with you people ?!?
-J
Old 10-05-2005, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
give a man a high pocket pair over the board and he thinks he's invincable. lol.

[/ QUOTE ]
give a man a voice and he thinks he has reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

Give a man an avatar with a cellulite-riddled ass and he thinks he's smart...or something.
Old 10-05-2005, 12:41 PM

Hi,

Even if we assume the only hands he can hold are QQ and KK, the Q hitting makes it 2:1 that he has KK. Further, if we make this assumption, we don't have to pay off a check-raise.

I think there are other hands he can hold that may pay off as well. The river value bet is good.

Good luck.
Eric
Old 10-05-2005, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Unless he gets you to fold to his CR with his AQ / KK because he knows you like to make "quality laydowns" / you live in Las Vegas.

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really belive that KK is going to check-raise bluff? Although folding to a raise would be difficult, given the action it is plausible. People generally do not bluff-raise much, and they essentially never do it with a hand as strong as top pair on this board.

Have you ever bluff-check-raised an overpair?

my 2 cents.
Eric
Old 10-05-2005, 02:25 PM

JNJ and Judi:

You're assuming we need to call the river checkraise, but we don't.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
give a man a high pocket pair over the board and he thinks he's invincable. lol.

[/ QUOTE ]
give a man a voice and he thinks he has reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

Give a man an avatar with a cellulite-riddled ass and he thinks he's smart...or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

give a man a forum membership and he starts meddling like a hag. lol
Old 10-07-2005, 06:14 PM

Narrowing him down to exactly KK and QQ is silly, but fwiw even if that were true the fact that a Q fell on the river means he has KK twice as often as QQ anyway.