Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2005, 10:21 PM

Default Did I play this wrong? Bad idea to slow play?

Have no read on Villain as he just sat down at the table, probably played about 3 hands.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter

SB ($35.45)
BB ($18.65)
Hero ($152.16)
MP (Villain) ($27.70)
CO ($22.85)
Button ($17.75)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.10.
Hero calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">MP Villain raises to $2</font>, CO calls $2, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls $1.75.

Flop: ($6.35) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villain bets $3</font>, CO folds, Hero calls $3.

Turn: ($12.35) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Villain checks.

River: ($12.35) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, Villain calls $22.70 (All-In), Hero calls $17.70.

Final Pot: $57.75
Old 09-27-2005, 10:44 PM

Default Re: Did I play this wrong? Bad idea to slow play?

Ya bad slowplay, mainly b/c at that level most people would slowplay trips there. Betting out he may think you are on a steal and you will win a nice pot if things hold up. Plus when he picks up the flush draw on the turn its going to be hard to shake him.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:52 PM

Lead the turn for $8 or so.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:55 PM

Yeah, i had a feeling slow play here would be bad since he raised preflop.

as for the turn, that was bad to give a free card i guess.

Trips have always been a problem hand for me. In this case, i figured if he had a jack too, my kciker would hold up. guess not.
Old 09-28-2005, 12:20 AM

No one has anything to say about calling that pf raise? Im folding for an 8x raise, thats a trouble hand against a pf raiser.
Old 09-28-2005, 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No one has anything to say about calling that pf raise? Im folding for an 8x raise, thats a trouble hand against a pf raiser.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, given MP's stack size, that's a real real marginal pre-flop call. If you lost this hand, you're probably going to lose it no matter what line you take...but, I would probably c/r the flop, push the rest of his $$ in on the turn. Or, lead the flop, push the turn. One or the other.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I totally blanked and lost track of things, like his raise and my position.