Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2005, 04:58 PM

Default Re: “Name The Tables” – PartyPoker.com

Please fix the bugs in the software first and foremost. Please.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My typical post is low grade dogsh+t.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP.

Party's software is neither the worst (it's way, wayyy exceeded in suckitude by Paradise, Absolute, and various Cryptos) nor the best (Stars has that one locked up for now).

It has definite flaws (the button thing), but also features no other major site has. (Two off the top: buddy list and searches, and "the pause.") Considering the massive amount of traffic there, it rocks.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:14 PM

What do you mean by 'the button thing' and 'the pause'?

(not arguing, just want to know what these things are)
Old 10-03-2005, 05:15 PM

Is every post that Michael makes going to be an endless string of complaints about everything at Party NOT related to the subject he was talknig about?

"Hi...I'd like to ask for some suggestions on party table-names and how we can go about doing this?"

"Michael - Fix your software! Fix the wait-list! Add pot-avg's to the lobby. No wait, don't add pot-avg's to the lobby!"
Old 10-03-2005, 05:19 PM

I think this is a good idea.

When I i am multi-tabling and want to see the avg pot on a certain table the numbers are hard to remember.

If a table was named "Dikshit's Yacht" I would have a much more enjoyable expierence at Party. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2005, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is every post that Michael makes going to be an endless string of complaints about everything at Party NOT related to the subject he was talknig about?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I know you're just trying to point something out, but so are we. Anyways, I don't really need to talk to Michael, I'll just click the 24 hr. Help button.....

hmmm, it says its currently unavailable. I wonder when this will get back up, maybe a day or two?
Old 10-03-2005, 05:24 PM

I'd like to see a group of tables that guarantee that the DOOM SWITCH will remain inactive for all seated players. Maybe you could call them the NO DOOM ZONE or something.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you mean by 'the button thing' and 'the pause'?

[/ QUOTE ]
"The button thing" is when you're multitabling, if you try to click on a button in the non-active window, it sometimes takes 3-4 clicks to get it to work. There are other related issues with the buttons, too.

"The pause" is at showdown. When you win, everything stops for a moment while your hand is being shown to the losers. (When you lose, you see the winning hand immediately.) Once you know what it means, it's the sweetest pause on earth. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

On a non-hijackery theme: I don't much care what the tables are named, "Table 330938," "Quentin Quisp," or "h4x0r5 wIlL pWn U." The name doesn't really serve a purpose for me.

Given that, I'd come up with 200 names for $20.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:28 PM

How about....

"This tables paying for my breakfast"
"This tables paying for my dinner"
"This tables paying for..... etc"

anything mr. dikshit wants he will recieve (and it is payed for by us)
Old 10-03-2005, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

"Hi...I'd like to ask for some suggestions on party table-names and how we can go about doing this?"

"Michael - Fix your software! Fix the wait-list! Add pot-avg's to the lobby. No wait, don't add pot-avg's to the lobby!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the support Bob, but I expected it. It is no secret that there are problems with the software. I have been playing online poker since the day it came out, so if anyone has issues it would be me.
Obviously I am not the CEO, Chief Technician and Head Developer, so I cant fix everything with the snap of my fingers. What I do is put together things that need fixing or improving, then go through the process to get it implemented. I curretly have a list through 2009.
The good news is they tend to listen to me, so I should be getting some things improved soon.
I will try to put together a contest for the table names real soon. I would like to get it done prior to next week, before my lynching on here, but I dont think that will happen.
By the way, how do I change my display name?