Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2005, 07:13 AM

Default Re: C.H.U.M.P Round 7or something

[ QUOTE ]
...I reserve the right to arrange another timely parental unit intervention if need be.

[/ QUOTE ]

It wasn't just my mom. It was some sort of sick interaction between the mother and the wife that caused my ultimate downfall. (It was a long night *sigh*) You are right though, the cards didn't help me either. If we can play thursday, I shall be fully in tune with my inner poker self...i.e. suckout more.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:15 PM

Alright, I played a lot better in round 2 and the cards favored me as well. So who is my opponent in the championship?

I was playing kind of strange and being the passive one to throw him off balance. Sometimes it worked in his favor, but all in all I really liked what I was doing. This was my favorite hand of the night:

PokerStars 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (2 handed) converter

Preflop: BatsShadow is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">detruncate raises</font>, BatsShadow calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BatsShadow checks, <font color="#CC3333">detruncate bets</font>, BatsShadow calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BatsShadow checks, detruncate checks.

This check through really made me cry.

River: (3 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BatsShadow bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">detruncate raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BatsShadow 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">detruncate caps</font>, BatsShadow calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB

On the river here each of us thought forever before our actions, but I thought he was slowplaying a King here.

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BatsShadow has 9s 9d (three of a kind, nines).
Button has 7d 5d (flush, ten high).
Outcome: Button wins 11 BB. </font>
Old 09-23-2005, 07:33 AM

I think you want to raise this preflop heads up, even though out of position.

As it played out, I'd just call the river three bet. d's turn check indicates a flush draw to me.

Congrats on making it to the Championship.

Glad to see this tournament is finally headed towards a conclusion. Looking forward to the Fall Tournament.