Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2004, 05:21 AM

Default Re: Pal\'s AA- how did he do?

[ QUOTE ]

This pretty much narrows it down to QQ or 88. My pal with AA plays this hand terribly, I think. He should 4 bet the flop and then 3 bet the turn to see just where Mirage regular stands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Babe,

this is completely contradictatory. You very firmly put the other player on 88 or QQ, yet advocate a turn three-bet to "see just where Mirage regular stands." A turn re-raise here is simply chip burning. I hope you are not advocating a three-bet and fold to a four-bet...are you?

-Diplomat
Old 11-11-2004, 09:39 AM

cap the flop,

3 bet the turn call a raise

I think betting out the river is ok
Old 11-11-2004, 10:18 AM

If i cap the flop i wouldn't 3-bet turn and just call a raise. If i just call 3-bet on flop i would c/r turn and call 3-bet.

I think also - betting river with this line is ok.
But with the style that Pal picked c/r river looks better.
Old 11-11-2004, 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You might 3 bet the turn when the board pairs? Can you elaborate on why ?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's seems you are now ahead of most hands of this guy. Q8 and top pair have only 2-outer now against you. And these are the most probable hands on this board for this regular which will be here around 75% of time giving description.
Old 11-11-2004, 10:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's seems you are now ahead of most hands of this guy. Q8 and top pair have only 2-outer now against you. And these are the most probable hands on this board for this regular which will be here around 75% of time giving description.

The question is if he able to raise turn with a bit busted 2pairs and hands like KQ. If he is - then it's 3 bet. If no - then it's call.
Old 11-11-2004, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He should 4 bet the flop and then 3 bet the turn to see just where Mirage regular stands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi PokerBabe,

This doesn't make much sense to me, this much jamming doesn't seem like inquiry bets - but value bets and I have a tough time seeing how Pal is ahead on the turn based on the button's description and aggression this hand.
Old 11-11-2004, 11:07 AM

I have no idea why everyone loves the turn card. Were you worried about Q8? The only good thing about the turn is that now we can worry slightly less about someone with 66. Of course now the tourist could destroy you with 76s.
If you are going to bet out on a meaningless turn card, you should have been 4 betting the flop. I assume that I would have 4 bet flop and been called. Then I would have got raised on the turn and called. I then would have checkraised the river.
Old 11-11-2004, 12:46 PM

Heck, last night I open raised UTG+1 with A's at the Bellagio 30/60 and there were 7 to the flop and still 4 to the turn after the flop was 3 bet. These games sure are good!

And yes they even held up...
Old 11-12-2004, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
7 players to the flop for 2 bets is not typical of the daytime M 20-40, although lately it's been a bit loose (LOL).

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hiya Babe,

I would have figured button for AQ/KQ. So the button has decided he is calling a river bet so he is making the river bet on the turn hoping to improve and gain an extra bet if he does, or expects to just check the river unimproved. Thus costing the same. This is common. Thus my reason to 3 bet the turn. The button does NOT have a set often enough for this play to be profitable and thus taking this play back away from him.

I also may have then check raised the river fully expecting the "scare card" to make the button think the "door was open". But this depends entirely on whether I think the button will call a check raise.