Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-17-2005, 10:26 AM

Default Re: Restealing Conditions

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you had 83o and you knew this guy was trying to steal your bb you can go all in with a positive expectation. Sure there will be a time when he calls and shows you AK or QQ. But this is a plus ev play. Stop thinking about cards so damn much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, this is not true! Have you actually tried to work it out by ICM, based on how much he folds? When you push with a crap hand he has to fold a LOT more than if you do it with Ax. Unless you're talking about a fold of > 60%, then him calling hurts you much more when you have a really terrible hand. Trust me I have done the calculations and I know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok I think I am going to write a post about this on its own but I have to answer you here. Look stop thinking just because you made an ICM calculation you are right. The point of my response is not to say that in every single sng you play you go all in with 83o. If you do that then of course you are going to lose money.

I am saying that if the SITUATION warrants this move then you can do it with a positive EV. This is something ICM can't calculate. ICM calculates hands versus other hands that YOU THINK a player will call with. If I play you heads up lets say ICM will not help you one bit. Why?? because you don't know what I will call and when. For example I might call and all in from player x with Ace high but will not call player y with Ace high. Why?? Because of my read on each player.

YOu have to play the players and the situations thats something that ICM can't give you. That is the worst thing you can do as a poker player narrow your play because of percentages a computer program gives you.