Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2005, 12:03 PM

Default really really bummed out....help?

I've been playing poker online for about 2 years now. I play both ring and tournament games online but mainly I make my cash vis tournies. I've never ran into this string of bad beats before....for the past month - I have barely cashed in tournies and I've been getting knocked out of all my tournies on outrageous outdraws. These beats at not all in preflop hands - it's usually post-flop - normally all in after the flop with beats where I have overpair or sets to peeps underpair --- and I would be beat over and over again by runner runner flushes...straights....gutshots....you name it I've had it. Over and over again and it seems endless. I know bad beats happen but can anyone tell me if they gone through times when it just seems you just resigned to your fate on every hand that the worse card is coming....how do you deal with this? do you take a break or play through? I dont have a lot of poker buddies to talk to or at least not buddies that play poker as seriously as I do....so I am posting hoping to get some encouraging words or advice on how to deal with this rough patch.

thanks for any response.