Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2004, 05:28 PM

Default Re: Building a home Poker Table

Check out the table me and my friends made, hope it helps HERE
Old 07-25-2004, 08:53 PM

Looks good - great job. And thanks for the credit on the lights. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-26-2004, 10:52 AM

Thanks man! I love your table. If I would have seen yours before I had mine half way built, I would have definitely stolen your design and put a big SlyFish logo in the middle! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] just kidding.
Old 07-29-2004, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wanted a seamless rail so with a lot of looking I found a company that had 78" vinyl. Let me know if I can answer anymore questions.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm making a 48" circular table so I need a vinyl that is at least 58" wide (to cover the entire rail in once piece). I would be interested if anyone knows of where I can find something this wide. Cmoses posted something about this, but I haven't been able to get in touch with him. Does anyone know where he got his vinyl?

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-30-2004, 01:26 PM

Default Felt \"Decoration\"

Does anyone know if you can paint on the table felt without destroying its card surface properties? I am planning on building a table this fall and think a bet line or maybe a logo in the center (if I'm feeling artistic) might be cool.

I wonder if airbrushing would work? anyone have experience with this?

thanks

DeadWallet
Old 07-30-2004, 01:29 PM

Default Re: Felt \"Decoration\"

I dunno if it will work with felt - but an embriodered logo may look cool.

Orange
Old 08-01-2004, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know if you can paint on the table felt without destroying its card surface properties? I am planning on building a table this fall and think a bet line or maybe a logo in the center (if I'm feeling artistic) might be cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know much about it, but my nephew did just that. He used some type of iron on decal paper and he created an imagage on his computer and printed it on the paper. It made a very nice and professional looking logo on his table felt. He also downloaded images from the net of cards showing a Royal Flush and ironed those on the table at each seat designation.
Old 08-01-2004, 10:14 PM

that sounds really cool. any pictures? think everybody would enjoy seeing them.
Old 08-18-2004, 01:24 PM

Default Rail cutout lines

Has anyone considered using a compass to draw the rail cutout lines? What I am thinking is to lay the table that has already been cut out onto the plywood for the rail and setting the compass radius to 2 inches (for a 4 inch rail) and using the outside edge of the table (with the pad and felt already on) as my guide. This will give me the outside line for the rail. Then, remove the table and set the compass radius to 4 inches and using the outside line as a guide to mark the inside line. Has anyone tried this method?
Old 08-19-2004, 10:07 PM

Default Re: Rail cutout lines

Yeah, I wanted to get a big, ole' wooden compass, like our geometry teacher used on the chalk board. After finally finding one, it wasnt big enough.

I made my own, by using two yard sticks, with a hole drilled in their centers, and a nut/bolt for the axis, and a pair of vice-grip pliers to hold them at a constant position.

This worked better than the length of twine and a screw method.

NEXT TIME : I plan on using a single yardstick, flat on the plywood. It will have small hole in its center at one end. This is to accomodate the screw, which is placed at the common center for the circle arcs.

Then, at various lengths, drill smaller holes which will just accomodate a pencil lead. Rotate it, and you have a perfect, constant, smooth arc. different radii for inner, and outer rail circumferences.

When using two pieces of plywood (one for the table, and one for the rail), it is imperative that you start by lining them up, clamping them tight, and drilling that center hole for the arc through BOTH boards at the same time.
Then everything else will line up perfectly.

Aces,
doc