Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2004, 02:41 PM

Default Re: Full Tilt Bonus Clearing strategy

if by new player you mean someone who has been playing online poker for 4 years, and who quit their job 2 years ago and has lived off poker ever since then, well I guess I'm new then. lol. Anyway, I was just putting the 600 number up there because that's what I bought into full tilt for. It is $1000 now after 2 days. Anyway, that was my mistake for even putting that info out there. The real question was about clearing the bonus, not about bankroll management. If you really are so concerned, I don't have the same variance that a lot of the posters on here seem to have.
Old 09-05-2004, 02:53 PM

New to FULL TILT. I'm not really concerned about your bankroll, thats for you to worry about.
Old 09-05-2004, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lol? Oh I have a lol of my own; that is some new player in a desperate attempt to earn a bonus a bit quicker plays well above his means and goes bust. No doubt followed by an 'online poker is rigged' argument.

[/ QUOTE ]

By looking at both the dates of registration and quality of content in the posts, I think it's easier to see who's more of a new player.

Tosh, I know you're trying to get to 5,000 posts ASAP, no matter how much drivel you have to spew, but come on man, think a little.
Old 09-05-2004, 03:10 PM

Yup you're right, I cannot rest until I have 5,000. Naturally I will always be posting drivel, but I will try to make more high quality and insightful posts like yourself.

I guess stating a fact to joedot constitutes drivel too. I shall say au revoir to this thread, but I hope to speak to you again soon. I am sure it will improve my game no end.
Old 09-05-2004, 03:40 PM

I agree with Tosh. If your bankroll is actually bigger than $600, then it's your mistake for stating that it was $600 in the original post. The absolute minimum bankroll for 1/2 NL should be about $1000.
Old 09-05-2004, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with Tosh. If your bankroll is actually bigger than $600, then it's your mistake for stating that it was $600 in the original post. The absolute minimum bankroll for 1/2 NL should be about $1000.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, I did have a nice laugh though in thinking of somebody with a $600 bankroll making a living off poker for the last 2 years.
Old 09-05-2004, 08:01 PM

I've decided to give up.

I went for the full $600 bonus intending to play 3/6 and 5/10 limit holdem and some O/8. I had a lot of spare time last week so thought I'd give it a shot. I think I have wasted my time as:

1) there is often no game above 2/4 (sometimes only 1/2) and they are fairly tough even when running.

2) $600 is not enough and I didn't want to commit more money to the site.

3) the bonus is earned at a stunningly slow place. To be precise I have nearly got my first $120 and I've played ~forever.

It's a shame, the site is quite nice but once I've got my $120 I'm out of here.

chez
Old 09-05-2004, 08:14 PM

I've been watching the traffic at this site over the weekend since Friday. 1000 seems about average.

If this figure gets to be around 2000-2500 (around the current level at Absolute) things may get a bit easier in terms of selection. I'll probably not deposit until I see it above 1500 on a regular basis.

chezlaw, how many table hours did you have to put in to clear (or nearly so) $120?

Can you cashout without loosing the bonus offer (I wouldnt think so but you never know).
Old 09-05-2004, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

chezlaw, how many table hours did you have to put in to clear (or nearly so) $120?

Can you cashout without loosing the bonus offer (I wouldnt think so but you never know).

[/ QUOTE ]

No precise records but I reckon about 40 table hours.

afaik I can withdraw with no penalty. I sure hope so
Old 09-06-2004, 03:41 AM

I don't have an idea of how many hands I've played because clicking on Stats crashes Full Tilt for me, but . . .

I cleared $7 worth of bonus money 1 tabling 100 NL for about 45 minutes.

I cleared $7 worth of bonus money 3 tabling 25 NL for about 3-4 hours.

Yay. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]