Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 11:47 AM

Default Re: Some sympathy for affiliates please?

There was no "hate for affiliates" in my original post.

Nor do I consider them evil.

They provide a service.

I just objected to reading for the umpteenth time that

"you don't realize how much work is involved.....blah blah blah"

I really don't care how hard you have to work to run your business. It has absolutely nothing to do with my busimess relations with you. Simple as that.

Would you care to hear how hard I work to run my business? I don't think so.

And I also realize that all affiliates do not have 5,000 to 6,000 players. Some have much less and some have much more. The owners of this forum have stated ON MORE THAN ONE OCCASION that they have those numbers. And I don't need to "do the math" to see how much they earn because it is as relevant to me as how hard they have to work.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:31 PM

Perhaps you'd like to open your own affiliate business?

That way you could do all the work, make tons of easy money, and not solicit sympathy at all. The time is now for you to become a true pioneer.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:41 PM

It is just a stupid system. There is no need for a middleman. The sites should reward players based on the ammount they play. That a whole class of middlemen has sprung up to possibly rip players off, or at the very least minimize the return to the player is rediculous from a business perspective. Tiered MGRs? You can do the same with individual players: You pay less than $2500 a month in rake and you get no return. $5K, get 10%, 20% $10K, 25% for 15K, etc. There is no need for the middle man and all it does is take money out of the poker economy and out of MY wallet.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It is just a stupid system. There is no need for a middleman. The sites should reward players based on the ammount they play. That a whole class of middlemen has sprung up to possibly rip players off, or at the very least minimize the return to the player is rediculous from a business perspective. Tiered MGRs? You can do the same with individual players: You pay less than $2500 a month in rake and you get no return. $5K, get 10%, 20% $10K, 25% for 15K, etc. There is no need for the middle man and all it does is take money out of the poker economy and out of MY wallet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. That's a very unique and refreshing view that I've never heard before.

Perhaps in the future you could consider posting it in a thread where it's relevant.
Old 10-20-2005, 05:13 PM

no disrespect cardsharp, but I think you're missing the boat on why cardrooms have affiliates. If you get the rake directly back from the cardroom, would you put up a website and spend thousands of dollars a year to promote the poker site?

That ad at the top of this page is $1k a month. Rakebacks or whoever, brings the rooms tons of players. That's why they have affiliate programs.

It's called paying people for referrals, not "let's just give some of our money back."

Your idea totally misses the boat.

If you don't like RB, fine, don't sign up for it. I doubt poker rooms are just going to start giving you some money back for no reason.
Old 10-20-2005, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It is just a stupid system. There is no need for a middleman.

[/ QUOTE ]

CSC... so, why isn't everyone playing on Gus Hansen's site?

His site was established with this type of system!

The reason is that you need affiliates and good advertising to feed the player pool... and those affiliates/advertisers that bring players to your site like to get paid!