Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2005, 01:45 PM

Default Re: 2/4 KK facing flop all-in.

When you're the SB and have made a big re-raise of a standard open-raise by UTG +1, and then UTG +1 calls, what kind of hands would you put UTG+1 on? You think he calls the huge re-raise with something that QQ can beat?

Sure there are some players that make this move with less than AA. But I know the regulars that do. If a player that I don't know makes this kind of play I give him credit for AA and fold pre-flop. I'll keep giving him credit until he shows me that he can and will make this move with something other than AA.
Old 09-08-2005, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When you're the SB and have made a big re-raise of a standard open-raise by UTG +1, and then UTG +1 calls, what kind of hands would you put UTG+1 on? You think he calls the huge re-raise with something that QQ can beat?

Sure there are some players that make this move with less than AA. But I know the regulars that do. If a player that I don't know makes this kind of play I give him credit for AA and fold pre-flop. I'll keep giving him credit until he shows me that he can and will make this move with something other than AA.

[/ QUOTE ]

I take the other approach typically in the party 2/4 rooms. Innocent until proven guilty is your line of thought, or solid until proven donkish. I take the other end of the spectrum... Guilty until proven innocent, or donkish until proven otherwise. I think I call this 80% of the time, depending on my mood. Hell, you could always suck-out, right? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-08-2005, 06:12 PM

sent you a pm.....
Old 09-09-2005, 02:00 PM

Default Re: KK facing flop all-in.

[ QUOTE ]
This is the easiest call ever.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-09-2005, 04:23 PM

I play 400 NL full tables a ton, and without a read, I think folding preflop is a viable option. There's a chance you are up against QQ here and lesser chances you are up against AK, KK and JJ. But once you call preflop, you're committed to put your stack in.

FYI, I would play AA and QQ pretty similarly to how the SB played this hand.
Old 09-09-2005, 05:53 PM

you put 19% of your stack in pre-flop and this is a great flop... (no Q, no A)... call and yell 'rebuy!', its luckier...

seriously,
Old 09-09-2005, 06:51 PM

am i wrong in thinking that i am not "committed" to to this hand since i called preflop? Yes, 20% of my stack is in there, but i don't have to lose the last 80% when i'm not sure if i'm ahead. There is no excuse to saying that i should just shove in the rest just b/c i have already put in 20% of my stack. That, by itself, in NO way commits me.
Old 09-09-2005, 10:08 PM

That, by itself, in NO way commits me.

no, but this flop is a very good one. it is that combination that should enable a call.
Old 09-10-2005, 04:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like preflop. I think a reraise preflop would be bad in this game, because people's reraising standards are narrow. On the flop just get the money in, if he had AA, so be it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here here, if he has AA you are going to pay him off whatever with that flop. NO player in the world folds KK there. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]