Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2005, 05:43 PM

Default How far to push third nut

Brick and Mortar $2-$4. The usual loose passives. No real reads on the villein. A quiet unassuming guy who kind of flies under the radar. This is a half kill ($3-$6) pot so to raise I have to throw $5 in. Not that this makes any difference.

I'm in the small blind with two black kings. Four limpers, I raise, BB reraises, two calls, I cap, everybody calls.

Flop is K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]-9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]-4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I bet, everybody calls. Even tho I flopped the stone cold nuts on a drawless board, slow playing here would just cost me bets.

Turn is 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I bet, villein in mid-position only caller.

River is A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Unlimitted raising because we are heads up. I bet, he raises, I 3-bet, he 4-bets, I 5-bet, he 6-bets.

I think the river is the only street of interest. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 06-20-2005, 05:52 PM

Default Re: How far to push third nut

Since MP did not raise pf, I'd say AA is probably not in his hand. The question is does he have 99, or is he overplaying A9, K9, 44. I'm pretty sure 44 wouldve slowed down after being 5-bet here, fearing AA and KK. His quietness and then sudden spring to life leads me to believe that K9 is probably not his holding, but A9 is very possible. Yet if your read is that he's loose/passive, I would not be surprised to see 99 a large portion of the time. I would probably just call the 6-bet.
Old 06-20-2005, 05:54 PM

Given your descriptions I am just calling the 4-bet.

I doubt he has a flush and if he has A9 and is getting stupid...then so be it.
Old 06-20-2005, 05:58 PM

four bets seems max.
Old 06-20-2005, 06:17 PM

A9 or KxD maybe K9

uve got all these hands destroyed, raise the fucker into the ground if hes got 99/aa [censored] it, [censored] happens
Old 06-20-2005, 06:19 PM

what are stack sizes, anyway?
Old 06-20-2005, 08:06 PM

I bought in with a rack of white and am down to maybe $80 bucks. He has less than me maybe $40 dollars.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:10 PM

well then he's pretty much all in already. when people are almost in they often go for broke. that gives you some encouragement.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:47 PM

I lied. He calls my 5-bet and turns over pocket aces. I wonder why he didn't six bet. Isn't SSH a great game? I hope this hand was of interest and it's not just a bad beat story. I'm curious what the requirements are to 5-bet and this isn't a topic coverred often.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Brick and Mortar $2-$4. The usual loose passives. No real reads on the villein. A quiet unassuming guy who kind of flies under the radar. This is a half kill ($3-$6) pot so to raise I have to throw $5 in. Not that this makes any difference.

I'm in the small blind with two black kings. Four limpers, I raise, BB reraises, two calls, I cap, everybody calls.

Flop is K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]-9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]-4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I bet, everybody calls. Even tho I flopped the stone cold nuts on a drawless board, slow playing here would just cost me bets.

Turn is 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I bet, villein in mid-position only caller.

River is A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Unlimitted raising because we are heads up. I bet, he raises, I 3-bet, he 4-bets, I 5-bet, he 6-bets.

I think the river is the only street of interest. Correct me if I'm wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

When he 4-bets, ask him if he knows the board is paired. If he looks unhappy with this, 5-bet; else, call.