Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-05-2005, 12:03 PM

Default Making of \"Tilt\"

I assume this is the appropriate forum for this goofy looking TV show that ESPN has coming up.

I was late switching over from ESPN to ABC to watch the Orange Bowl. Instead of watching a zillion commercials and the national-anthem I was treated to Norman Chad hosting a 30-minute 'preview' type show where they go 'behind the scenes' at the making of "Tilt".

I think most of us agree that the commercials and trailers they have been running for this show make it look REALLY stupid.
So I believe I will really be stretching everyone's beliefs when I tell you that the 30-minute preview show actually makes it look even STUPIDER.

I'm not kidding....From the commercials I was guessing that I would rate this show around a 4 on 1-10 scale (there are, afterall, MANY MANY stupid things on TV).
From the preview-episode I am now guessing that this show will rate more like a 2 and I'm not even certain I will be interested in watching it anymore after a couple of episodes because I have a suspicion it will be just too annoying (beyond a Mike Sexton and Vince Van Patten level of annoying).

I do hope they prove me wrong though.

My favorite parts of the preview episode were the discussions with the actors where they talk about how little they know about how to play cards but they have been studying and learning and know how to 'act like a REAL poker-player'.
you also get to see that diving head-first tackle across the table a few times.
And Daniel Negreneau (and TJ Cloutier) makes a cameo. THE MATADOR invites Daniel into their game, and Daniel says he thinks he can find a better game somewhere else. They're all afraid to play against THE MATADOR apparently.

Since there is speculation that THE MATADOR is a cheater I guess this is potentially warranted.