Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 05:25 PM

Default Re: Democrats...their dirty little secret

[ QUOTE ]
The great thing about this thread is how many liberals want to stiffle the OP's free speech, but they want to goad Cola into doing it for them. Now we know what they really think about free expression. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

How many do you count that wanted me to do something about this poster or thread?

As far as I know, BCPVP isn't a liberal.
Old 12-08-2005, 05:25 PM

Excellent post. Another part of the Republicans' "dirty little secret", is that the Republican party leadership and most Republicans, have a much more conservative agenda across every issue which they wish to foist upon the unsuspecting middle of American voters. But to do this, they have to both claim a more centrist position than they really believe in, and as you said, to use any convenient hypocritcal distortion and criticism of Democratic policies to damage Democratic office holders. The Bush administration is a master of this.
Old 12-08-2005, 05:46 PM

You are out of your mind if you really think Al Gore would have attacked Iraq had he won in 2000.
Old 12-08-2005, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are out of your mind if you really think Al Gore would have attacked Iraq had he won in 2000.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, Sadaam would be using his rape room as we speak.
Old 12-08-2005, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The great thing about this thread is how many liberals want to stiffle the OP's free speech, but they want to goad Cola into doing it for them. Now we know what they really think about free expression. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Free speech? You're kidding, right? OP doesn't have some fundamental right to spew drivel *on this particular website*.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OP doesn't have some fundamental right to spew drivel *on this particular website*.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I do think the OP's post is pretty silly, it's really not anything that deserves to be locked or at all moderated by me. I'm not saying that pvn is suggesting I should do something about this person or thread, but this seemed like a good spot for me to post my comments.

Also, those who want me to develop a system of strikes for silly posts are not going to get their wish. A system like that wouldn't be good for this forum, IMO.

If I think something needs to be dealt with, I'll take action.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Excellent post. Another part of the Republicans' "dirty little secret", is that the Republican party leadership and most Republicans, have a much more conservative agenda across every issue which they wish to foist upon the unsuspecting middle of American voters. But to do this, they have to both claim a more centrist position than they really believe in, and as you said, to use any convenient hypocritcal distortion and criticism of Democratic policies to damage Democratic office holders. The Bush administration is a master of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I RERAISE! The next level of spin of the big lie democrats is to accuse the accusers of that which they themselves are guilty of and have been charged with.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:13 PM

Andy made a good point.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Free speech? You're kidding, right? OP doesn't have some fundamental right to spew drivel *on this particular website*.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Free speech" does not always mean the First Amendment, yada yada. We all know that this is a private site. The OP doesn't have a fundamental right, but this forum would be worthless if we start banning people with opinions you disagree with.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not saying that pvn is suggesting I should do something about this person or thread

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct, I don't really see this particular OP as a "termination offense". [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]