Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2005, 10:00 AM

Default 2 No Limit Hands, B&M

1-2 No Limit Hands at the AC Showboat, Late Friday Night/Early Saturday morning. (BTW the poker room BLOWS!)

First hand. "Action player" has played alot of pots, likes to get in and mix it up.

Dealt A-A on the button. Action player in early position raises to 12. One person calls it in front of me, I re-raise to 30. Action player calls. Other guy folds. Flop comes 8-9-10 rainbow, I'm first to act.. I move all-in (About $180).

Second.. I have about $280 at this point.

Dealt 9-9.. Another aggressive preflop player, we'll call him "Red Shirt Guy", raises preflop to $10.. This was standard for him, he did this 2 or 3 times an orbit for the couple hours he was there. I call, and "Action Player" calls.

Flop comes 7-9-K, two diamonds. Action player first to act, he checks. Red Shirt Guy bets $15. I raise to $40. Action Guy calls! Red Shirt Guy bumps it to $80! I move all in. Action Guy ponders, shakes his head, then folds. Red Shirt Guy calls. (I have him covered by about $60).

Anything anybody would have done differently?
Old 07-11-2005, 10:03 AM

Default Re: 2 No Limit Hands, B&M

Re-raise more on the first hand. Second hand is alright. There aren't really any draws, though, so if someone is behind they are probably drawing near dead. I think once the first guy re-raises, I know that I will stack him so I don't think you have to push. I would rather just call and hope 'action player' calls against with his AK or whatever he has. Then you can get it all in on the turn no problem and hope now that the pot is so big he stays in until the end. Pushing just forces him to make the proper play.
Old 07-11-2005, 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Re-raise more on the first hand. Second hand is alright. There aren't really any draws, though, so if someone is behind they are probably drawing near dead. I think once the first guy re-raises, I know that I will stack him so I don't think you have to push. I would rather just call and hope 'action player' calls against with his AK or whatever he has. Then you can get it all in on the turn no problem and hope now that the pot is so big he stays in until the end. Pushing just forces him to make the proper play.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are two diamonds.
Old 07-11-2005, 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are two diamonds.

[/ QUOTE ]
Damnit, now you're going to expect me to READ the post before I respond. Fine, then the second hand is well played.
Old 07-11-2005, 10:16 AM

I dont like your action in hand 1. I dont like to make such a small raise OOP with AA, and I hate to see an 89T board.

I make it more like 50/60 preflop, and then I can get it in easy even on such a nasty board.

Hand 2 looks magnificient. (did he show you KK though ?)
Old 07-11-2005, 11:38 AM

Anyone else with any opinions before I post results?
Old 07-11-2005, 12:15 PM

I’m not too sure I like your line in the first hand. I think that I make it at least 40 to go pre-flop. I don’t think that you want three players to the flop, and I don’t think there is too much risk in losing Action player if you re-raise more. I also don’t like the all-in on the flop. I can’t see him calling with too many hands that you beat here. And if he calls with something like J10, you are in a coinflip situation for your entire stack. I think I bet about 75 on the flop and go from there.

Second hand looks good.
Old 07-11-2005, 12:22 PM

the problem isnt JT calling, its QJ, TT, 99, 88, T9, 98 !
Old 07-11-2005, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the problem isnt JT calling, its QJ, TT, 99, 88, T9, 98 !

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm, I think those hands would be included in the "hands calling that have you beat" category that I mentioned. JT was only an example of a hand that an action player might call with. Although AA is leading at the moment, JT still has a ton of outs.
Old 07-11-2005, 05:05 PM

Fold both hands. Why gamble this early? You can wait for better spots. You might be up against a straight in the first hand. You also might be up against KK in the second hand. It's not worth gambling on a coin flip.