Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2005, 06:17 PM

Default Brief A.C. news

Caesar's A.C.room is opening July 1st according to a billboard on the A.C. Expressway.

The Showboat/House of Blues room will be on the second floor. A large sign painted on the escalator that leads to it.

Bally's Wild Wild West is opening a room soon as well (don't know anything about it).

Borgata Sat. night was open seating for 10/20 the entire night (four tables, last summer I used to have to wait two hours to play). I think there is going to be an oversaturation of poker tables in A.C.
Old 06-20-2005, 07:38 PM

Default Re: Brief A.C. news

Good to hear. Any new thoughts on the Borgata 10/20? I've been hearing about this game, and want to step up from their 6/12 game.
Old 06-20-2005, 07:50 PM

Same kind of player as their $6/$12. I made the jump recently and it is no big deal.

-Web
Old 06-20-2005, 08:44 PM

My friends and I go to the Borg about every other week or so and the 10 game is probably easier than the 6 game is. Its been getting a little worse lately (less fish I mean) but over all still exremely beatable.
I agree they are having trouble filling this game but between 2-8am during the week when it gets shorthanded, its probably some of the easiest money in AC.
Old 06-20-2005, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Caesar's A.C.room is opening July 1st according to a billboard on the A.C. Expressway.

The Showboat/House of Blues room will be on the second floor. A large sign painted on the escalator that leads to it.

Bally's Wild Wild West is opening a room soon as well (don't know anything about it).

Borgata Sat. night was open seating for 10/20 the entire night (four tables, last summer I used to have to wait two hours to play). I think there is going to be an oversaturation of poker tables in A.C.

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw this same billboard last weekend and was curious about it. Any word on what games they will spread?
Old 06-20-2005, 10:40 PM

I forgot to mention that it appeared to me the House of Blues poker room will be very near the entrance to the new music hall.
Old 06-20-2005, 11:07 PM

I agree they are having trouble filling this game but between 2-8am during the week when it gets shorthanded, its probably some of the easiest money in AC.

I find the games at the Borgata the best between midnight and 10 am.
Old 06-21-2005, 12:56 AM

Is the Bally's news an expansion, or just the same crappy room they already have hidden on the 5th floor?
Old 06-21-2005, 07:30 PM

I think it is a new room. I don't know if they are keeping the old Bally's room. I never play there, so I would have no idea.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:02 PM

the Bally's Park Place complex is so spread out that I wouldn't be surprised if the Wild West had their OWN poker room, while the one on the 6th floor remained as well. removing the existing room wouldn't make much sense either, since the racebook and keno sections are already large enough and have no logical need to expand into the vacated space.

might be nice for the Wild West room to be non-smoking while keeping the original Bally's room the way it is. it's all speculation for now I guess.