Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2005, 04:04 AM

Default Too agressive with pocket pairs again?

As you can see, i'm getting into a real knack with these pcoket pairs.

Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP3 folds, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (15.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 19.50 BB

how'd i do?
Old 09-10-2005, 04:09 AM

Default Re: Too agressive with pocket pairs again?

AA isn't just any pocket pair. What's up with the flop check? Check call the river.
Old 09-10-2005, 04:12 AM

I just sensed that with such a garbage flop, someone would raise letting me check raise.

being out of position, i also hammered the turn and bet the river, to prevent any sort of freecard play on the turn, or any free showdown.
Old 09-10-2005, 04:18 AM

Bet the flop out. Any A high spade draw will likely call you. There's also the chance you're against A8 here. This is a popular hand for many reasons and against your average 0.50/1 player, I'm not surprised to see this UTG.

Villians flop call and turn raise are making A8 more and more likely. I wanted to give him credit for something like an A high flush draw but his aggression on the turn are making that flush draw more and more unlikely unless he's pumping something like A4s. I don't think I'd 3-bet this turn.

When the 5h hit on the river I'd be prepared to check-call this down, but I'm not likely to bet this out.
Old 09-10-2005, 04:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just sensed that with such a garbage flop, someone would raise letting me check raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

why do you assume someone will bet out on a raggy flop? and its not entirely raggy. there is a flush draw and a paired medium card that people like to play. you need to get some information about that paired card and charge the flush draws.

[ QUOTE ]
being out of position, i also hammered the turn and bet the river, to prevent any sort of freecard play on the turn, or any free showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

most people don't raise the turn without at least 2 pair. in this case, you're probably looking at trips. point: the only way you're winning this is if 1) you spike the ace on the river 2) your opponent is bluffing. don't worry about giving a free card or free showdown. you cant make money on this unless your opponent is on the bluff route (or he has severely overplayed some type of PP), in which case you won't be making any money unless you let him bluff at the river anyway.

it could be possible your opponent has a pocket pair, but for it to be an overpair, it would have to be 99 specifically, as any other pair would probably raise ten from UTG+1. I don't think you will see 7s or lower jamming this turn like UTG+1 did.

edit:

And then there's always the possible 33. After looking at it some more, it doesn't seem that unlikely, but I havn't played the .50/1 game in quite a while, so what do i know?
Old 09-10-2005, 05:09 AM

I'd call down once he raises the turn. Oh, and bet out on the flop.