Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2005, 12:47 AM

Default Re: A.C. Faq Draft

I think posting it offsite as an editable "wiki" is the best idea. As necessary as the FAQ is, I don't think putting it sticky on the top of the page will work. The next step would be a similar "Vegas" faq, and next thing you know, there are guides to a few areas up there.

I think the plan should include a FAQ similar to the other forums, with a lot of the other popular stuff, like

"First time at a B & M, what to expect....."
"How much to tip the dealer...."
And so on. Then add a link to the external FAQ's regarding different cardrooms, cities, etc.
Old 05-19-2005, 07:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think posting it offsite as an editable "wiki" is the best idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

EDIT: Doh! I totally misread this post as "I don't think..." Guess i'm looking for monsters under the bed. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Nevertheless, I'll leave the relevant portion of my reply here as food for thought:

The spam problem was one of my first objections to the whole wiki thing, but as I look at how they work in practice I'm surprised at how, although it's an issue, it's rarely a prohibitive issue. Sites like Wikipedia get spammed all the time (as does 2+2 of course!), but they just revert back to the old version quickly and painlessly.
Old 05-19-2005, 07:43 AM

Looks like a nice start! Would you prefer that we build yours into something bigger, or move your material to somewhere else (say, http://games.wikicities.com/wiki/Poker or maybe set up one from scratch)?

I'd like to continue in your vein for the B&M stuff, adding stubs for Vegas, LA, etc., and also add some strategy pages. But the nice thing about a wiki is, each person can work on whatever they like.

Feel free to PM me to coordinate this further...
Old 05-19-2005, 12:47 PM

Borg doesn't spread 4/8 normally? wtf.

-d
Old 05-19-2005, 06:47 PM

Borg doesn't spread 4/8 normally? wtf.

I do not think the Borgata ever did have a $4-$8 game. The Tropicanna does. The Trop also had $5-$10 at one point before switching to the $4-$8 structure.
Old 05-19-2005, 06:51 PM

Taj: 10-20 Half and Half (half stud8, half omaha8) - weekends...Higher games sometimes

The game has a half kill to $15-$30. The game now goes from Wedsnesday - Monday. A floor manager I know tells me the game will go every day during the summer.
Old 05-19-2005, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
when i first read your title i thought we were going to be drafting fags, not faqs. damn you.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-20-2005, 10:48 PM

OK, we're now tracking participation in our Wiki idea here. Please post over there if you would be interested in the wiki idea.

(Oops, toby, I meant to crosspost that link over here earlier but neglected to. ) [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Oh, and it doesn't have to be just a Brick-and-Mortar wiki... but that's one immediate application where i see it providing a lot of value and saving a lot of searching thru 2+2 conversations. Other topics might be online sites, strategy (to the extent that a consensus emerges), "best practices" about thing like bankroll, FAQs.... anything where a community consensus is important.