Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2005, 12:29 AM

Default Re: Recent 109 hand that had me stumped.

[ QUOTE ]

I never played the $109s. How often do you see fishy chasers, i.e., will BB ever have As2s here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not often.

eastbay
Old 01-13-2005, 02:21 AM

I'd fold but I wouldn't be happy about it. I'd call the one allin of course, but the other cold call is just too scary. Also when you are behind you will be way behind, and when ahead they will often have lots of outs.
Old 01-13-2005, 02:35 AM

I was playing a $109, caught two pair on the flop (two tone), bet out from last position but could not shake the draws, and a third flush card hit on the turn. Folded around to me, I bet out to protect my hand (mistake), and the first player went all in . . . and then the second player went all in . . . and then the third player went all in. Without enough time to run the numbers, I joined the party (hoping for a full house on the river -- slim odds, I realized only later). Part of my thinking, I suppose, was that they couldn't *all* have made hands (although part of me knew that at least *one* of them did). Au contraire -- they all had flushes, and the third to bet took the pot with an ace high flush. So, yeah, when there are multiple all ins at this level, it is usually the case that someone has the goods.

Edit: Except, in this case, me.