Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-25-2005, 08:52 AM

Default Headsup?

Can someone link me to a place where I can read about HU Holdem?

Thanks!
Old 12-25-2005, 09:57 AM

Default Re: Headsup?

try short-handed.
Old 12-25-2005, 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can someone link me to a place where I can read about HU Holdem?

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

Limit or NL? I assume NL, since this is a NL forum. HoH II has an excellent HU section at the end of the book. Other than that, not too many posts on HU play.

A poster from Mid NL "marlow" had a post a while back with some HU questions. Maybe we can get a discussion going here :P.
Old 12-26-2005, 03:48 AM

I became interested in heads up play a few months ago and asked a similar question, it seems there isnt many posts or information out there that covers heads up play. The higher limits get more posts about it then the lower levels do but overall there seems to be a shortage of information. Overall I just put in a lot of hours at the table and gradually became more comfortable in my abilities, I think thats the best way to go, but as far as available information there seems to be a lack of it. Good Luck
Old 12-26-2005, 04:15 AM

I don't claim to be a HU expert, but here are some things I have found in HU play:

Information is key. HU play really depends on the type of opponent you are playing and how well you adjust to the situation(s) at hand. The best HU players are tricky, gear changing players who can keep you guessing. This is your goal.

There are very few concrete tips that can be given in HU play. Much of the play is based off reads. The main thing IMO is to adjust according to your opponent's playing style. If he is a LAG, maybe you should c/c more, or call down with more mediocre hands. If he is a calling station, value bet lots more, etc. etc.

Adjust PF requirements accordingly. Use your button as much as possible- unless your opponent will raise frequently from the BB, you should be calling your SB (button) always.

I don't know. HU is almost always read based. It's hard to give tips on such a difficult game.