FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 04:57 AM

Default Re: Post up here if you\'ve joined Poker Players Alliance

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I joined

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm from europe, but it is for a good cause... [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 12-12-2005, 05:48 AM

Joined!
Old 12-12-2005, 09:10 AM

Joined, got the bonus, waiting on T-shirt to add to my degenerate gambler collection. Win/win for all, imo.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:19 AM

joined and bonus completed!

...i took the $15 option...

those of you with the other options let us know if there is any difference other than the t-shirt...?

cheers,
sean
Old 12-12-2005, 10:03 AM

A lobbying group that pays its members to join? Of course I wasted no time in joining. I would expect this to become one of the most respected lobbying groups on Capitol Hill.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:11 AM

I haven't joined because i have another bonus to clear that only has a few days, but it is worthwhile, even if Party appears to be supporting it.

Right now, it seems to be the perfect time to admit we like poker. Until recently it was not necessarily a great idea to have your name on a list of poker players. The IRS seems to have access to that type of information without it being the "silver platter" or self-incrimination type of deal.

There is one place that is actually working to get the IRS to treat recreational gamblers more fairly, but they don't pay you to sign up, lol. However, right now you can still help the cause anonymously.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:39 AM

I joined for $20 (I felt like the utility of the t-shirt was >$5). The $100 bonus was 7x and I cleared it in a few hours this weekend.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how do you sign up for this thing? sorry maybe i'm dense?

[/ QUOTE ]

Go here. Fill out the form and transfer $15 from neteller. Write down the 10-digit registration code that comes back. Go to Party. Deposit $500. Type in your 10-digit registration code in the bonus field. Receive $100 bonus subject to hand play requirement.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:54 AM

I did it...
Old 12-12-2005, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else have a problem with the fact that this is really just party using players to funnel money to a lobbying group that it otherwise would probably not be able to legally give money to? I'm all about a lobbying group for poker players, but not one that is just a pawn for the giant online poker rooms. And especially not one that is a pawn of Party.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a special case where Party's interests and our interests directly coincide. We both would benefit if onine poker were made explicitly legal, and would suffer if the US gov tried to make it explicitly illegal. And Party does already give money to this org directly. But what it can't do is give US voters and that's what it is paying us for. PPA will have more influence if it has a sizeable membership of individual US voters, and that helps both party and us poker players.

Now, if all we do is sign up for the bonus and nothing else, the influence we add will be minimal. That's why the org needs people like you to sign up, jman, because you sound like you'll do more than just sit there and let Party run things - after you sign up and earn your bonus, get involved in the organization.

For example, I just sent this Cabot guy an email telling him about 2+2 and suggesting that he add a forum to the web site where we can ask questions and talk about legal issues that concern us. Anybody else that has any suggestions for how to run this thing, maybe start with sending him an email.

Also, look around the site. Most of the info so far seems to be about cases where the friendly neighborhood game gets busted by the cops. That doesn't strike me as a hot button issue for Party. I don't think they're a pawn of Party, but just an ally whose interests run in the same direction.

http://www.pokerplayersalliance.org/keep.html