Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2005, 10:51 PM

Default Re: 98s.

[ QUOTE ]

Hey Roberto,

I never want this logic in my presence again.

[/ QUOTE ]

can you plz make a little list of what is and what is not allowed in your threads so i can be sure not to break the etiquette of a skeme thread
Old 12-15-2005, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Hey Roberto,

[/ QUOTE ]

can you plz make a little list of what is and what is not allowed in your threads so i can be sure not to break the etiquette of a skeme thread

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-16-2005, 01:21 AM

I'm just not going to comment on any of your hands any more. Not that you would care, oh well.

-SmileyEH
Old 12-16-2005, 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Hey Roberto,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It should be the first thing in the new FAQ.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm just not going to comment on any of your hands any more. Not that you would care, oh well.

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't know why.. whatev.
Old 12-16-2005, 05:10 AM

I call turn, and most likely call river. For a tight player like this, looks like hes got an overpair and thinks hes ahead of your 87 or whatever. If you raise turn, he only comes along when your behind most likely, although the dreaded mini raise might not be bad here.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:11 AM

Skeme, its most likely because he posted this perfect analysis of why your thinking was off.....

[ QUOTE ]

This was what I was getting at. If you don't adjust your reads as the hand progresses you'll get yourself in trouble. Don't get married to a hand, or a read.
On the flop a tight player bet in a multiway flop on an all low card flop. Right there I want to maximize value from a set because it's very likely he has that hand. You made a just under pot raise and the villian calls. Now it really doesn't look he has a set, wouldn't a set 3bet here to insure action from two pair, and to protect against a semibluffing type hand? Now the turn, he bets small when the board pairs. Sure this could be a boat, but it's also likely that he is making a pseudo blocking bet with 88 again to defend against your possible blocking bet on the river. Now he bets again on the river, you're getting a good price in a pot where your hand is (justly) underrepresented. So I say again I like a call.

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

...and you still can't fathom the possibility that you MIGHT be wrong. Why did you post the hand if you could only accept one possible analysis? This thread is a trainwreck.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:18 AM

I'm definitely sick of people assuming I am assuming my fold was right. I am not. I could definitely be wrong. I've said I could've played this hand horribly. Lots of replies in this thread have made me think a call was in order. Because I reject answers I think are ridiculous, you guys bitch. This is a discussion, not a lesson. A debate, if you will.

I never said anything negative about Smiley's post. I liked it very much and left it alone if I recall correctly.

"Yeah, I may have played the hand horrible, which is why the lot of you are disagreeing with my play, which you deem incorrect.. but when I deem some of the advice in this thread as incorrect as well, I'm chastized? There's a double standard because I created a thread asking for advice and rejected it."
Old 12-16-2005, 06:36 AM

there are a million responses and i personally have been in a lot of pokerstars 1/2 NL games (illbill21) and i would say i am raising here.. all it takes is for villain to have something like K-6 and hes coming for all his money. not only that but 3-4 pushes him also.. if not pushes but it also gives you a big pot if he decides to fold w/ the small end.. im coming over the top w/ all my money on this hand.. make him make a decision for all his chips.. he has to have a boat to beat you.. and if he does.. good luck to him.

on another side note.. i know all the picky limit players on here will disagree with me.. but i say you raise it in a limped around pot w/ a suited connector.. just because you dont want others with the same type of hand in the game with you.. that way you can correctly guage your hand when the flop comes like it does..

i know saying that implies losing money in the end b/c 9-8 suited is a losing hand by itself over projections of thousands of hands.. but you either raise coming in witht this hand or you fold it.

so you could make an argument for you even playing this hand without a raise.. or your raise of only $20 on the flop. personally im doing a raise way over the pot here on the flop because technically look at it this way. the board pairs you have something to worry about.. why deal w/ that? take it down here and now.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:59 AM

Skeme: [ QUOTE ]
Read>math

[/ QUOTE ][ QUOTE ]
You're read says you're ahead on the turn but behind on the river? Nice read man. Nice read.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

No, I hadn't decided on a read yet, obviously.
I thought if he had a drawing hand or a smaller PP he would check the river. If he bet again on the river I would fold. This isn't some foreign play here, buddy.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! Contradictory? This isn't discrediting bad logic, it's being thick headed. You won't have for mathematical reasoning since you value reads more, but you have no read. So you won't play this with logic, but rather with a scared and uncertain sense of where you're at until the river? No it's not an uncommon play, it's a very common bad one. Do you REALLY feel that that indecisiveness is justified? If so I don't think you're in the position to be criticizing most people's logic.

[ QUOTE ]
Hey skeme;

his logic is good.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Hey Roberto,

[/ QUOTE ]

You post and rip people for shallow answers, then say you won't have logic? You're a condescending hypocrite. NH