Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2005, 11:45 PM

Default Re: OOT Survivor #1 (grudge match)

[ QUOTE ]
I value the contributions of both posters. This is a horrible contest. I vote the little [censored] off the island. He is a bad moderator and seems like a pretty crappy person too.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh
Old 10-16-2005, 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[censored] , have you considered playing everquest or WoW or something ? just think, you could start your own guild!

[/ QUOTE ]

Gorie, why not ban the known idiots and make myself and 90% of the posters happy in the process of making a better forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

it seems like you were already doing that, and i didn't mind the idea. i don't really have a problem with you banning people that are being trolls and breaking sensible rules and whatnot.

i am not sure how jake qualifies as the bottom 10% though or deserving of a banning. and i think the results of this were obvious. so this is pretty unnecessary except you thought it would be fun.

stamping the banished with your mark, making a public list of those banned, starting threads of poster vs poster for banishment, constantly replying to threads to give your opinion whether or not it is a worthwhile thread, and all the other weird stuff that seems to be drawing attention to your movement to me is a ridiculous way to go about moderating this forum to 'make it better' in the sense you imply - it might add entertainment value for drama, but i see it as a completely different sense of 'better' than you are expressing you want.

people say they want a 'better OOT' , but this is the kind of stuff we get from those saying it. this thread is popular, but it where is the intelligent, insightful discussion here you seek ? just because you started the thread does not give it any more quality than if some random poster started a different "which poster do you like better?" thread, except for you are a mod and can ban someone as a result of the votes. the concept is the same.

if people want better quality posts here, then they need to start creating more quality threads, rather than replying to the threads created just to say they suck.

i don't really have anything against you or your intentions [censored], i am mostly being the devils advocate here because it seems contradictory.. the whole thing is funny. although i still think this thread is mean.

anyway , be sure to make a sticky once OOT is good. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason it is necessary for things to be public and "mean" is so that everyone gets a loud and clear message of what is going on.

I'm not concerned about being mean but it's not something i'm striving for either.

Look at this thread and how the result was not even close. I knew it would be like this but I wanted to make the point that it's not just me who is fed up with posters like thinman it's practically the entire forum.

If I just ban him then it simply becomes another banning by [censored] of someone he doesn't like.

perhaps I am bit too quick to label a thread as being bad but when someone asks me why I listed him as a troll and then makes a post which led me to that opinion I don't think it is unfair to then tell him.

The only other case of this recently was the mod thread which I think I was very fair in. I simply asked the question what it was about the thread they liked and if people thought it was interesting. Once it was clear that is was something people really enjoyed, I sent the OP a PM saying I was wrong and good job. What about the process was unfair?

Listen people are going to get their feelings hurt during the process of cleaning house and its just not something i'm concerned with.

I am however willing when it comes to things like thread quality to change my mind if it becomes clear good posters disagree with me. As I have done one a few occassions. When I post that I think a thread sucks its because I want to hear what people think before I start banning or whatever. In the cases where I don't want hear opinions I simply ban them (STLantny, Theben). Now which of those two processes do you think is more fair to someone like Jihad who I haven't made my mind up about.

Instead of getting all offended people simply need to say as Boris did, hey I disagree and think the thread is good. This was also done with the Jesus thread.

Trying to agrue about the process of me banning is pointless .
Old 10-16-2005, 11:59 PM

OOT wouldn't be the same without Jake. I can't understand how you guys can possibly talk about banning him. Anyways, bye Thinman.
Old 10-17-2005, 12:01 AM

thinman
Old 10-17-2005, 12:05 AM

I haven't been around long enough to know why Thinman is so hated, but I like JTB. He responds to every friggin post w/n like 2 minutes.

Jake to stay
Old 10-17-2005, 12:14 AM

FWIW, i think gorie would make a great OOT moderator.
Old 10-17-2005, 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that
Old 10-17-2005, 12:16 AM

Location: it\'s like a puzzle with pans. if you think about it.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i declined the offer in the past, i don't like moderating forums. but thanks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2005, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i declined the offer in the past, i don't like moderating forums. but thanks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

i assumed as much, which is why i resisted the urge to attempt to conscript you into service via poll. however, i do believe it's OOT's loss, particularly in light of recent events.
Old 10-17-2005, 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Closed Thread