Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 12:30 AM

Default Re: QJs Live Hand Huge Pot

i think that it's a little more likely that the button has flopped 2 pair w/87s...my only other concern is if the SB is drawing to a bigger flush....
Old 10-18-2005, 12:33 AM

Default Re: Last ditch effort to ressurect this post

Like I said before...i'm not that worried about the button...but the small blind's line indicates a big draw (probably to a bigger flush) or maybe a slowplay of a monster...
Old 10-18-2005, 12:34 AM

Default Re: Last ditch effort to ressurect this post

This seems like a call to me. I mean its quite possible you are ahead here already and you can only improve, I definately peel off one more card here and see what happens if no club j or queen hits. If this guys as lag as you say he is i might just call the river push too
Old 10-18-2005, 02:21 AM

OK, this flop is an EASY bet in my opinion. Sine we have NO idea what these 2 have from there preflop call, there is no way I can check two overs +flush draw and feel OK about it.

The turn is much trickier. My odds seem too good to fold. Calling seems weird for a few reasons: 1. I may have the best hand. There is a good chance sb is betting a complete bluff or somet5hing like TT, 99, or something like that. button may have also had a hand like that, JJ, or any top pair of 8's. 2. Even if I dont have the best hand, Im drawing large. Against twop pair I have lots of outs. Worst case scenario, against a set or the flopped nuts I have at least 9. 3. I MAY pick up even a little bit of fold equity by pushing instead of calling. It may blow button off of two pair (unlikely but possible considering my image) and same for the sb. Any hand thats killing me is going to push behind me anyway, and im going to have to call, so why not be the agressor.

So I decided to push. More to come later.

Discuss.
Old 10-18-2005, 04:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think that it's a little more likely that the button has flopped 2 pair w/87s...my only other concern is if the SB is drawing to a bigger flush....

[/ QUOTE ]

this is incorrect. there are more combinations of 56s possible considering that the flop already contains an 8 and a 7. having said that, hero should not be putting any more money in unless he improves on the river or if sb checks and the button gives us ridiculous odds for a river call. if we hit a flush then it is dependent on how big sb bets and i'm willing to call a fair amount in that spot. but this is all contingent on whether or not i will call the turn bet in the first place since we are sandwiched in between the turn bettor and the flop bettor.
Old 10-18-2005, 06:00 AM

You say that button is a calling station who will bet if he has a good hand (TP or better), or call down with not so good a hand. The fact that he raises means that he has TP or better. Its a really small raise though, is that normal?

I might push the flop, as I've probably got good FE aginst TP, and if not then I have lots of outs against various holdings, and by the time it gets back to me the pot is 30, and I've to call 6, so I could make it 42 to go for a pot raise, so I might as well push for that price and see two cards, and maybe get some1 off top pair.

On the turn, calling is fine, because we may well be ahead, and if button feels like pushing, then we want him to do it, so we can see if we get a good price to call. If we push, then he calls with better hands, and folds worse hands. I prefer calling, and yes, I probably call to the felt here.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:32 PM

Pushing the flop is retarded as pot is laying him like 5-1, and its likely hero has little fold equity.

As for the turn, I think the decision is push or call. given hero's read on hand ranges, Which is better?