Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-17-2005, 03:46 PM

Default Commerce 10/20 - Bad Call with Bottom Set?

Commerce 10/20 over the weekend. Villain is the only guy at the table that I respect. A solid (solid meaning rockish, not too tricky) pro. He knows that I screw around a little, but I show down big hands. Anyway.

I ($2300) limp after a limper in EMP w 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

A few more limpers, including villain ($5000).

Bad SB ($1200) makes it $80 out of the blinds. First limper calls, I call, all call.

6 to the flop for $360.

Flop is T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Original raiser bets $150

I make it $650.

Solid pro calls(?). All others fold.

I know he has a set and decide I will push any non-pairing turn card including all spades (I think he's too good to have like the naked ace or something).

Turn is J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I push, he calls.

We run it twice, and chop the pot (he hits quads on the first run).

So, my qhestion is this - Isn't his call on the flop terrible? Is his call on the turn even worse?

I lost respect for the guy as a player after this hand. I think I get away from bottom set on the flop there. How about you?