Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2005, 09:52 PM

Default Would you have layed this down??

UTG+1 is a little wild VPIP:45%, PFR:14%

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

UTG+1 Didnt cap it so I'm thinking AK, AQ, KQ

Flop: (12.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 folds.

He bets out but doesnt re-raise.. Maybe AK? I dont think he has the Jack and I may be ahead..

Turn: (9.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero folds, UTG calls.

Hmm.. two overcards now and he bets out again.. Smells fishy to me so I fold. Was this correct?

River: (11.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, UTG folds.

Thats the last card I wanted to see...

Final Pot: 12.75 BB
Old 04-15-2005, 10:06 PM

Default Re: Would you have layed this down??

I don't get the flop check raise. You can't be sure he's going to bet for you. You're out of position, which sucks, but I think you should bet the flop.
Old 04-15-2005, 10:07 PM

The river makes no difference, apart from maybe causing some people's responses to be biased.

What is UTG+1's postflop aggression? If it's heads up I'll call down as you probably have the best hand here enough. He could be betting an underpair, AQ, or a flush draw trying to scare you off once the overcard falls.

As UTG called 2 cold on the flop I probably fold this, even though he could be on a draw.
Old 04-15-2005, 10:09 PM

I think i would have. U raised him and he lead into you on the turn. W/out aread i think this laydown is ok. opinions?

Tough hand.
Old 04-15-2005, 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think i would have. U raised him and he lead into you on the turn. W/out aread i think this laydown is ok. opinions?

Tough hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's fine if he's not overly aggressive post flop. Even if he is I'd lay it down because of UTG.
Old 04-15-2005, 10:18 PM

UTG was definately the X factor.. without him tagging along I think I would have called UTG+1 down to the river.
Old 04-15-2005, 11:26 PM

I probably would have layed this down. However, I would also consider:
a) calling pre-flop to disguise your hand (since raiser was from early position).
b) Raising the turn. That would force UTG to cold call, and might force him out. Calling here is probably the worst option.
Old 04-15-2005, 11:34 PM

What are you doing in this hand? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

You 3-bet preflop because you think your hand is best, and then you check a favorible flop....

Then you decide to check/raise and you check the turn after your check/raise just gets called!?!? What if he is taking stabs at this pot with soemthing like AQ or 99? If you bet out and he raises you on the king, you can be confident that you are drawing to just 2 outs. You don't know your situation right now because you have poorly defined your hand. There is just no way I can check and fold the turn in a 11 BB pot when I only have to invest 2 more BB. I only need to win 1 time out of 7 to make it +EV!! Eh I don't get this one at all...

Brad
Old 04-15-2005, 11:35 PM

Good turn fold. I bet the flop but I lay it down on fourth street.

EDIT: Never mind. Your flop check and turn checks are really bad. Bet the flop, if raised then call it and fold the turn unimproved.
Old 04-16-2005, 12:39 AM

This is a good flop for TT, bet it. What exactly was your reasoning behind the checkraise?

Given that you C/R'ed the flop, you have to lead out on this turn.