Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2005, 11:39 PM

Default Pocket QQs vs A 10 s.

My opponent has a mouse icon, but i didnt know that until now. My question though is should I have raised when the second 9 flopped on the turn?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

Hero calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 10.75 BB
Old 04-07-2005, 11:47 PM

Default Re: Pocket QQs vs A 10 s.

What did the second 9 change?

(Unless you think he's doing this with J8. Unlikely.)
Old 04-07-2005, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What did the second 9 change?

(Unless you think he's doing this with J8. Unlikely.)

[/ QUOTE ]

second 9 changed nothing other than I was more likely to be beat.. should have folded i guess
Old 04-07-2005, 11:55 PM

not sure I understand the preflop limp/reraise - this table looks way too tight to be trying that. but I am not much of a fan of that play in any case. anyway, I don't think the turn 9 changes anything. seems like a way ahead/way behind kind of hand to me, so calling down seems appropriate.
Old 04-08-2005, 12:01 AM

That's funny, you're thinking of raising the turn, I'm thinking of folding it.

I don't like the LRR preflop. Its even worse if CO is a tight-passive type.

Once CO 3-bets the flop we can narrow his range down pretty easily. The only plausible hands we're ahead of is AJ and TT. I'd fold this turn, and on the river we're not even ahead of TT anymore, so that's a fold as well.
Old 04-08-2005, 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My opponent has a mouse icon, but i didnt know that until now. My question though is should I have raised when the second 9 flopped on the turn?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

Hero calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (8.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 10.75 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm really surprised at the responses. First, I don't like the LRR. Just raise. If it's a tight table, that's reason to raise MORE, not less.

I don't like the flop check-raise, and I especially don't like it after the LRR. There's no reason think he's going to bet that flop for you.

But since you ended up in this mess, check-call the turn and river.

From what you've given, I'm not folding this hand. Telling me that he has a "mouse" icon isn't enough for me to lay down an overpair heads up. Is it a 20 hand stat? A 200 hand stat? It makes a huge difference. Tell me that you haven't seen him raise preflop in the last 80 hands. Tell me that he hasn't raised a scary flop without something strong. Give me a real read, and maybe you'll get a different response.
Old 04-08-2005, 02:36 AM

please don't post results/tell us what the opponent has, it tends to bias the responses

A preflop raise would be a good way to narrow the field, I'm not a big fan of the LRR. An opponent with a mouse icon raising in the CO, then calling the three bet, I'd put him on group 2-3 hands.

The only hands your behind on are 99, ATs, and TT, so I'd think a raise on the turn would be good, calling if he 3-bets, and check/calling the river

EDIT - your not behind on turn when villian has TT, so even more reason to raise
Old 04-08-2005, 02:42 AM

Please don't say in the title of your post what your opponent was holding! This will totally skew the responses you get.

Anyway, here's what I think. Do not go for the limp-reraise. That kind of thing at this kind of table is almost always a mistake. You put the last bet in preflop so lead the flop. If he still bets into you on the turn, then I would call down. Also, are you sure he's a mouse? He played his draw pretty aggressively.
Old 04-08-2005, 02:47 AM

Dude lose the FPS and play solid poker. Raise preflop and go from there.

Brad
Old 04-08-2005, 10:56 AM

Why didn't you raise preflop? As it stands I think I cap the flop and lead the turn. You've got outs against hands that are ahead of you now, but I think you're often good here.

-Tim

[EDIT: Mainly I think the combination of the limp reraise preflop and the checkraise on the flop looks so fishy that you get threebet by a wide range of hands here.]