Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2005, 03:12 PM

Default i saw the weirdest thing last night....

Before I type this out I want to make it clear that I am not one of those conspiracy theorists, I dont believe online poker is rigged, I just saw something very strange happen and am wondering if anyone else has seen it happen...

I came home from a night of drinking yesterday and wanted to play some poker.. I fired up one of the party skins and smartly decided to sit down at a play money table instead of risking my roll playing drunk.

The weirdest thing happened and I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this.. some guy named "CHITISRIGGED" sat down at the table and his bankroll looked to be growing expotnentially very quickly.. almost every second there was another 10000 play chips sitting at the table with him and he wasnt playing any hands.. it was happening too fast for him to have been hitting the dealer icon and adding it manually.. I wanted to get a couple screen shots with a clock up beside the table to show how fast it was happening.. unfortunatly I only got off 1 screen shot before he left the table.. here it is.. anyone seen anything like this before??

Old 04-02-2005, 03:45 PM

Default Re: i saw the weirdest thing last night....

assuming this is legit, the thing to do would be to email party support with the screen shot and the story.
Old 04-02-2005, 04:27 PM

I don't know what to make of this. Maybe he found a way to run a script that constantly buys more play money chips?
Old 04-02-2005, 04:32 PM

play money.
Old 04-02-2005, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe he found a way to run a script that constantly buys more play money chips?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly what i was thinking. You can put your entire roll on one table, then request more to buyin at other tables. Then you stand up from the other tables and rebuy on the full table. If he had a script running, it would be lightning fast.
Old 04-02-2005, 04:41 PM

meh, it's only play money
Old 04-02-2005, 05:38 PM

I've seen dozens of them on Party at 5/10 play money. I was alarmed when they first started, but no one else seemed to notice or care, so I assumed Party was either aware of it or doing it themselves for some strange reason. The user name is always all caps, exactly 12 characters, often containing one or more underlines. I never saw, or at least recognized, the same name twice. It pops up in an empty chair and its chip count starts growing rapidly, by large increments, into many millions, and then it disappears. It never posts and is never dealt cards.

When I complained to Party about another anomaly, my chips simply vanishing off a play money table, their response was "we use the same software for real money and play money table, therefore there's no problem." I didn't bother them with this one because their response would no doubt be the same.
Old 04-02-2005, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've seen dozens of them on Party at 5/10 play money. I was alarmed when they first started, but no one else seemed to notice or care, so I assumed Party was either aware of it or doing it themselves for some strange reason. The user name is always all caps, exactly 12 characters, often containing one or more underlines. I never saw, or at least recognized, the same name twice. It pops up in an empty chair and its chip count starts growing rapidly, by large increments, into many millions, and then it disappears. It never posts and is never dealt cards.

When I complained to Party about another anomaly, my chips simply vanishing off a play money table, their response was "we use the same software for real money and play money table, therefore there's no problem." I didn't bother them with this one because their response would no doubt be the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

gee thats good to know..
Old 04-02-2005, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I came home from a night of drinking

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-02-2005, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I came home from a night of drinking

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hah - i was waiting for someone to point that out.. drinking doesnt cause you to hallucinate. I know what i saw.