Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 04:11 PM

Default flopped set vs coordinated board ($11)

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

MP1 (t775)
MP2 (t3270)
Hero (t850)
Button (t540)
SB (t350)
BB (t970)
UTG (t415)
UTG+1 (t830)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
[color=#666666]2 folds</font>, [color=#CC3333]MP1 raises to t100</font>, MP2 calls t100, [color=#CC3333]Hero raises to t375</font>, [color=#666666]3 folds</font>, MP1 calls t275, MP2 folds.

Flop: (t895) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, Hero??

How do I get the most value here? Do you try to make it wrong for flush/straight draws to see the turn by betting out for 300 or so or pushing? If not, can you fold out of a pot this size if a scare card hits?

In reality, I min bet, hoping to get raised showing such weakness. I'm scared that only AA is calling any sizeable bet, and I want to give him a chance to pair Ax, or think his JJ/QQ may be good.

Thanks for any help, trying to get better...
Old 11-04-2005, 04:19 PM

Default Re: flopped set vs coordinated board ($11)

You have t480 back in a t895 pot. You have only one move - push (you've been paid plenty).
Old 11-04-2005, 04:24 PM

I usually bet around half the pot and there's no way I'm leaving if a diamond or face card hits.

*Edit* Whoops thought you had 850 behind. That was dumb. Yes, easy push.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:31 PM

Push, watch him call with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], curse as the 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] hits the turn, laugh as the T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] hits the river. Easy.

Edit: If you're running bad, sorry. No T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] for you. Instead, the Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] will come for no good reason.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Edit: If you're running bad, sorry. No T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] for you. Instead, the Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] will come for no good reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.

Also, to the OP, you are reraising a raise and a cold-caller, don't be afraid to just push this in the 11s, you'll get a caller, and I like it a whole lot more than raising half your stack PF.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol.

[/ QUOTE ] Agreed [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Also, to the OP, you are reraising a raise and a cold-caller, don't be afraid to just push this in the 11s, you'll get a caller, and I like it a whole lot more than raising half your stack PF.

[/ QUOTE ]
What's a better play pf? Better to just push?