Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-09-2005, 05:43 AM

Default Re: Rangers trade Soriano to Nationals

I can't decide. Which deal is worse, the Renteria deal or this one? SORIANO IS TWICE THE PLAYER of WILKERSON!!!! Slege and a minor leaguer do not make up for the difference in major league talent. The Rangers offense gets worse, and thier pitching did not get any better. If they take the money saved going from Soriano to Wilkerson and sign a quality pitcher, that will even things out a little.

This is a pretty bad deal for the Nationals as well, unless they move Vidro. When you move Soriano to the outfield, he is no longer the VERY BEST player at his position! In other words, as an outfielder, Soriano is probably only worth the difference in price compared to Wilkerson. So while the Nationals offense gets better, they pay for it.

I don't ever want to hear anyone say that Terrmal Sledge is in the same universe as Alfonso Soriano ever again. I think that is the most laughable statement I've ever heard. It rates right up there with comparing Dwight Gooden to Sandy Koufax as Hall of Fame candidates.