Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2005, 05:12 PM

Default Re: I Really Hate Some People Here

[ QUOTE ]
I don't approve of educating the fish about anything, rakeback or how to play the game well.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you don't approve of this website?
Old 08-08-2005, 07:41 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't approve of educating the fish about anything, rakeback or how to play the game well.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you don't approve of this website?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't approve of pointing people in this direction, that's for sure. I enjoy my opponents remaining uneducated.

If it wasn't for a player in my home game who has Phil Helmuthian rants, I wouldn't have even known about 2+2. Although I must say that I feel I've learned more through certain published books, and my own experiences playing, than through these forums.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's your problem with sharing the wealth of information? Should the doors to 2+2 and rakeback have been closed at the end of 2002 - 2003 - 2004 - what do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I was here before then. CLOSE THE DOORS NOW. I say we lock 2+2 so that it's a private forum, and never accept new members.

Only half joking. We make money from others' mistakes. The fewer mistakes they make, the less we make. It takes discipline to get good, but it doesn't take much to become neutral EV (or maybe just neutral to the rake). I don't make money from rocks. So I don't want random people coming to 2+2.

As for rakeback -- sure, spread the word. More money from the sites to the fish = more fish with money = more money for me.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't approve of pointing people in this direction, that's for sure. I enjoy my opponents remaining uneducated

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the majority of people who find out about this site, steered by someone or not, are either
A. too lazy
B. too egotistical
C. too stupid or
D. some combination of the above
to actually benefit from the material here. It takes time and effort(aka work)to improve your game. Most people are recreational players and unwilling to make the committment. Those who aren't would eventually find this place on their own anyway.

Take a look around your home game AJ. I'll bet every player there knows about this site. How many of them utilize it?
Old 08-09-2005, 04:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Take a look around your home game AJ. I'll bet every player there knows about this site. How many of them utilize it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good Point. I have told at least 4 of my good friends about this site and none have showed any interest.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:21 AM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't approve of pointing people in this direction, that's for sure. I enjoy my opponents remaining uneducated

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the majority of people who find out about this site, steered by someone or not, are either
A. too lazy
B. too egotistical
C. too stupid or
D. some combination of the above
to actually benefit from the material here. It takes time and effort(aka work)to improve your game. Most people are recreational players and unwilling to make the committment. Those who aren't would eventually find this place on their own anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, not EVERY player, but you're right, most of them don't utilize it or wouldn't make use of it.