Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2005, 06:48 PM

Default Re: fish are putting me on tilt

[ QUOTE ]
I'm at a table now for almost an hour, only won a single hand, and it didn't make it to the river for a small 3 BB win.

Several large pots lost to "fishy" style play:
AQ loses to Q3 on a flopped two pair, etc.

Not getting terrific starting cards either. It happens sometimes. With more experience I'm taking it in better stride.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't say this now, I just won 3 hands in a row. Went from down 20BB to up 4BB in those three hands. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 02-15-2005, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It did at first, until I realised that this is what you want to happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] that... i want to win.
Old 02-15-2005, 08:18 PM

I'd like to see an analysis of how frequently a single pair wins on Party .5/1. I'm guessing it's pretty low, even if you restrict it to TP.
Old 02-15-2005, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to see an analysis of how frequently a single pair wins on Party .5/1. I'm guessing it's pretty low, even if you restrict it to TP.

[/ QUOTE ]

According to PokerTracker I'm winning about 53% of the time when I make a showdown with a single pair (not filtered for top pair).
Old 02-15-2005, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] that... i want to win.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's how you win, though. You eat the bad beats because they're calling you with crap that get saved with a miracle. What you don't pick up on is the nine times he calls with crap and gets peaced out, because a) you have to look in the hand history to see his hand, and b) that is what you expect, so it never sticks out in your head.

-K
Old 02-15-2005, 10:01 PM

Yeah its true...ive been running really bad since yesterday can barely stay even...actually im down about 70BB in 2 and a half days [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I think i can blame 50% to fish induced tilt (hey im new i wasnt prepared for these suckouts only what ive read about)
and the other half just cause im new and i dont think i play that well yet...ive taken the pacific free 10 to about 40 dollars in a few weeks but this is my first true dry run since it started...i definetly dont have confidence in my game yet as i continue to doubt everything when i get runner runnered on constantly

oh well hopefully im learning...i want to move to a PT friendly site soon so i can actually monitor my play
Old 02-15-2005, 10:05 PM

I was in the same boat pimp. I had a 50$ initial deposit, which I gained 25$ from 125 raked hand bonus. I got up to about 160$ my second day! I was riding high, I was the best poker player known to man. Then I lost down to 30$. I was so depressed. I kept playing though, got back to 120$. Yeah, just a mild downswing, now I'm back to destroying people! I lost down to about 20$ after that, dipping as low as 2.80$ yesterday. Now, after a nice session today, I'm back at 76$. After I lost the 100$ mark the second time, I re-read SSH, and focused on playing every hand correctly rather than playing by impulse. I was calling things down that I had no business even being in. I suggest you re-read SSH and follow the advice closely.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:18 PM

yeah I plan on doing that as soon as i get time...school is really owning me this semester with this whole graduation thing...SSH was such a great read the first time im looking forward to learning even more the second go round...this weekend hopefully i'll be back to crushing this limit (.05/.10) man i feel pathetic
Old 02-15-2005, 10:24 PM

He was doing pretty good on my table. I had to leave. I couldn't play with everything being raised.

I have a hard enough time on Party without having to play 1/2 in the .50/1 tables.

KO
Old 02-15-2005, 10:40 PM

No..lol... re-read

in original post...
[ QUOTE ]

Does it start to bother you guys when no matter how tight you play you continue to get beat by fish

[/ QUOTE ]

In a reply...
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I stand by my response... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]