Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 03:39 PM

Default Re: 215 blind battle.. what do YOU do?

i'm thinking of banning the next 5 people who answer a post with "i'm sorry he sucked out on you" or "you clearly lost this hand or you wouldn't have posted it" in response to a question that CLEARLY has nothing to do with that kinds of results.

for instance, it was pretty clear to everyone else that raptor folded here. thus, that he never saw his opponent hit a flush, etc.

c
Old 11-29-2005, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol, yer kidding right. this is probably the worst advice i have ever heard, and i have never been guilty of a bad beat post. i folded on the flop after raising to 525. i found out exactly what i needed. that i was beat. badly. this is a 215 not an 11. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

So, just to make sure we get you right -- no one at a 215 is capable of firing a third barrel on air? Or just on this particular hand, on this particular kind of action?

Or does the he-must-be-playing-back-at-me-so-i'll-play-back-at-him mentality exist only in screenplays and the minds of deranged lunatics?
Old 11-29-2005, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, just to make sure we get you right -- no one at a 215 is capable of firing a third barrel on air? Or just on this particular hand, on this particular kind of action?

[/ QUOTE ]

the chance that anyone "fires the third barrel on air" as you say, in this spot, in this fashion, is incredibly unlikely.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm thinking of banning everyone from now on who answer a post with "i'm sorry he sucked out on you" or "you clearly lost this hand or you wouldn't have posted it" in response to a question that CLEARLY has nothing to do with that kinds of results.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 11-29-2005, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this isnt really 'firing the third barrel'. that would be betting, getting called, betting the turn, getting called, then betting hte river. he min reraised me. thats quite a bit different. id venture to guess, hes about 99.5% to have me beat. holla
Old 11-29-2005, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this isnt really 'firing the third barrel'. that would be betting, getting called, betting the turn, getting called, then betting hte river. he min reraised me. thats quite a bit different. id venture to guess, hes about 99.5% to have me beat. holla

[/ QUOTE ]Do I have to get to the $215s before the other guys recognize how strong this sequence is?

(Of course, I have to get well past my buy-in level before the BB is calling with Q9.)
Old 11-29-2005, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Do I have to get to the $215s before the other guys recognize how strong this sequence is?

(Of course, I have to get well past my buy-in level before the BB is calling with Q9.)

[/ QUOTE ]

if this is the case, you should be making it 125 every single time its folded to you. period, the end. i raise a lot of hands in the blinds, even in the early levels. people dont play well heads up, and you can make a lot of chips. holla
Old 11-29-2005, 04:48 PM

you should clearly go find whatever stakes zamboni is playing and crush him there.

and yes, at many, many games it makes sense to raise small (at least) at every time it's folded to you in the sb. people play horribly.

fwiw, there's a ton of players at every stakes who will lose all their chips in raptor's spot (if they saw the flop) because they will push over the bet on the flop (the first one).

c
Old 11-29-2005, 04:58 PM

hey raptor i have a question

why raise 325 on top of his 200. i understand that this is a 215 but this guy plays like a 22er. a miniraise and his minireraise on top of that should tell you the same info right? but i guess this sort of forces you to call his minireraise. maybe your raise is better after all.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hey raptor i have a question

why raise 325 on top of his 200. i understand that this is a 215 but this guy plays like a 22er. a miniraise and his minireraise on top of that should tell you the same info right? but i guess this sort of forces you to call his minireraise. maybe your raise is better after all.

[/ QUOTE ]

you have some reason to believe that?