Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-19-2005, 11:38 AM

Default Re: My blind defense sucks

[ QUOTE ]
I immediately thought bluff when I saw this.

[/ QUOTE ]

so does that mean you would call down his C/R here (or even 3-bet it)?? I know you would prefer checking it through....but I'm curious about your line after getting C/R'ed.
Because I too smelled a possible bluff...but in my losing condition (and recent philosophy of not going to crazy in blind-battles with nothing) I didn't really feel like spewing any more chips just to find out I was wrong.

I'm starting to come around on the checking line here.

My philosophy of 'they cant fold if you dont bet' obviously hasn't been getting me very far lately.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:53 AM

hand 3:
I have a hard time giving a random spade a free card but with this board, almost every spade would call anyway.

Against a maniac, I will check through every turn (no matter what the board looks like) with overcards.

PS: after getting cr'd, I think you have to fold. You only have 4 outs if you're behind and he probably has 19 if he didn't catch already.

In other words, he only needs to be ahead here a small % of the time to make a fold the correct play.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I immediately thought bluff when I saw this.

[/ QUOTE ]

so does that mean you would call down his C/R here (or even 3-bet it)?? I know you would prefer checking it through....but I'm curious about your line after getting C/R'ed.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I wouldn't call it because you can't. You haven't got a hand and he could have something. Which is what LAG's count on. Which is why I would have checked it through as I hate getting checkraised in this spot. I wouldn't 3bet it for the same reasons. LAG's love to go to war on a draw. They also love to checkraise the turn with something like bottom pair. If you 3bet them they will still call you down. Which is great when you have a hand. Don't get me wrong. If I had a piece of this board against this opponent I would be betting the turn. But not with Ace high with none of the flush.
Old 12-19-2005, 04:55 PM

i'm really, really not trying to be a dick here, but after a 1k bb loss you probably need to think about dropping down as far as you can and completely relearning how to play. maybe you have dropped down and that's exactly what you're doing, i don't know - but i've never heard of a winning player having a 1000 bet downswing. i'm not a stats guy however, so what do i know. good luck with the retooling.

edit: i just read your BBV post. all i can say is
a) my condolences
b) i'm terrified
c) keep plugging away. g/l
Old 12-19-2005, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I continually struggle with blind-defense and over-card situations

[/ QUOTE ]

That's because they're hard for everyone.

Hand 1: good he's passive

Hand 2: I'm bet/calling against this guy on the turn. The same on the river if he calls.

Hand 3: I'm thinking of checking the turn and calling any non [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] river.
Old 12-19-2005, 06:33 PM

EvanJC and others - I know Evan said he read the thread in the BBV forum on this but just to say it anyway:

A couple of things...
1. I've dropped down several levels.
2. I agree I'm not a winning player.

Discipline problem at the tables....something's changed drastically about my game...etc etc etc.

Thanks for the support.

I really don't think there's THAT much to fear for other players.
My game had huge leaks in it before that are now a bit exaggerated and are finally coming back to haunt me as they have been getting progressively worse.

however...I don't think I'm spotting anything huge-leak wise in these particular hands. A couple of decisions in there....but nothing that would lead someone to be a monster loser at the tables.

thanks again for the evaluation of these.