Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-17-2005, 04:26 PM

Default Queeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeens!

Villain in SB aggressive. I can't tell if he's picking bad spots and running into monsters or if he's picking all spots and just happened to bump into monsters as I've only been at the table with him for about 15-20 hands. As this is Paradise, I don't have the option to look up his hands immediately.

BB is also very new and has a note "Calls down too much?" meaning that I've seen him go to showdown and lose a couple times to weak hands. I've also seen basically no aggression out of him (20 hands).

In the actual hand, both villains were within 1 BB of being all-in on the turn (after their bet and call), so I just raised and put them all in. But suppose that villains had some money left to play, do you still raise your overpair?

Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (5 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (11 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Hero...
Old 12-17-2005, 04:28 PM

Default Re: Queeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeens!

I just call down.
Old 12-17-2005, 04:32 PM

the problem with asking what to do if they had money left is that the flop action when SB is shortstacked is going to be him getting all his money in with a lot of hands.

but given money left at the table and the same action to this point -

his check raise doesn't seem like a big hand, but then he caps your 3-bet.

i would just call down. A5, A4, 54, 22, 33, 44, 65 should make up a pretty good part of his range. i mean basically you're hoping he has done this with a naked 5, 32, or a middle pocket pair.
Old 12-17-2005, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the problem with asking what to do if they had money left is that the flop action when SB is shortstacked is going to be him getting all his money in with a lot of hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I thought about that when I was posting. I decided that this is just a question to promote thinking, so there are no "results".
Old 12-17-2005, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just call down.

[/ QUOTE ]
SB likes his hand a lot, unless he's doing one of those spewing the last of his stack away things. It looks like he made a set or a straight though. If he had a set on the flop it's now a boat (or quads, yikes). He could also have called preflop 32s maybe and made two pair. If he was playing reasonably and wasn't at the end of his stack, I'd probably fold the turn UI.
Old 12-17-2005, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just call down.

[/ QUOTE ]
SB likes his hand a lot, unless he's doing one of those spewing the last of his stack away things. It looks like he made a set or a straight though. If he had a set on the flop it's now a boat (or quads, yikes). He could also have called preflop 32s maybe and made two pair. If he was playing reasonably and wasn't at the end of his stack, I'd probably fold the turn UI.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow... you don't allow for medium pocket pairs here?