Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2005, 08:31 PM

Default Re: turn spot

3bet and then c/r the river when you get there.
Old 12-15-2005, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how do you play AK if you were him. your real worries are A9 and 99. id definately 3bet the turn and call if 4bet.

on the river if you boat up with the Aces over 7s id go for the bet/3bet. but if you boat up with the 7s over aces then id bet/call it. otherwise check call w/o improvement after you call turn 4bet

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]
If I had AK in the villains spot I would just call down. If a non lag caps me on the flop out of position on an Axx board with no flush draw I am going to respect that and call the turn and call the river unimproved. I think raising AK on the turn in this spot would be over aggressive. From BK's point of view, if the villain was laggish, I would definitely 3 bet the turn, but if the villain is not over aggressive postflop then BK should just call down IMO. I will also mention that without the flush draw, calling down is clearly the right move IMO, but with the flush draw it is close, i prefer calling here.
Old 12-15-2005, 08:53 PM

I have not read the other posts yet, so I apologize if this has been said. If you have diamonds I'd definitely 3-bet, call a 4-bet, and check-call the river absent a diamond, ace, or 7. If you don't have diamonds I'd probably just call his turn raise, and then donk-bet a safe river and call a raise. You pretty much are committed to a showdown in this spot, and if you 3-bet the turn and are losing to A9 or a set, you save yourself one bet that way (4 bets on the turn and 1 on the river versus 2 bets on the turn and 2 on the river) without giving him the free showdown if he had raised the turn hoping to get a free showdown.
Old 12-15-2005, 09:21 PM

"i think what this thread needs is some math to make us all feel good about our instinct that this is very close."

let me repeat what i said: he's not behind to many hands here. he's not behind to many hands that would play the flop that way. it's not very close at all.
Old 12-15-2005, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"i think what this thread needs is some math to make us all feel good about our instinct that this is very close."

let me repeat what i said: he's not behind to many hands here. he's not behind to many hands that would play the flop that way. it's not very close at all.

[/ QUOTE ]
i agree w/ mike... threebet fast.
the NFD draw makes this even easier... u have tone of outs vs 99, so no biggie.
if capped.. cryyyying call UI.
Old 12-15-2005, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
To me this hand is more about logic than math. When a decent player to a expert caps a A97r flop out of position, his minimum here IMO is AK, and most of the time he will have one pair beat. If the villain is aware of this, he will not be raising this turn with a hand like AK. So On the flop BK has basically flipped his cards face up and told this guy he can beat one pair, if the villain is decent enough to understand this message, then BK should not 3 bet the turn IMO.
Old 12-15-2005, 09:50 PM

what i'm more interested in knowing is... if you get capped and river a diamond, is the best line to bet or checkraise? my guess is that betting is probably best since he won't give you credit for backdooring him esp with all the action you gave him on the flop and turn, so he'd think his AA or 99 or A9 or whatever would still be good and raise, where as checkraising may get him to think otherwise.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:12 PM

He can't have a 3 outer..well, he could if he had 43 of hearts or something...heh...but if he had AK, he would have a 6 outer as a 9 would counterfeit BK's A7.

Overall, I agree with Mike l's intuition and say that BK should 4 bet.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:13 PM

This is a really easy 3bet. The times when you are ahead (which is most times) + your draw makes this soooo easy imo. Im in the middle of a 300bb downswing in one of the shorthanded games I play though so what the hell do i know.

-Brad
Old 12-15-2005, 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
on the river if you boat up with the Aces over 7s id go for the bet/3bet. but if you boat up with the 7s over aces then id bet/call it. otherwise check call w/o improvement after you call turn 4bet

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a very good set of river lines. If you are 4bet and your flush comes you checkraise the river right? I dont think its likely that he raises again when you lead the third diamond, but i also dont think that he's 4betting many hands that check behind on the river.

-Brad