Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-15-2005, 12:46 PM

Default $5 PS = QQ hand meets 2 aggros - I\'m LOST

PokerStars Game, Hold'em No Limit $5 + 1
- Level II (15/30) - 2005/12/15 - 11:28:22 (ET)
Table '16543999 1' Seat #4 is the button
Seat 1: CDove138 (1580 in chips)
Seat 2: Lionel42 (1920 in chips)
Seat 4: djneb54 (1215 in chips)
Seat 5: harybalonya7 (1025 in chips)
Seat 6: omo1daz (3700 in chips)
Seat 7: Shadesbc1 (2730 in chips)
Seat 8: rabbit333 (1330 in chips)
harybalonya7: posts small blind 15
omo1daz: posts big blind 30
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Lionel42 [Qd Qs]
Shadesbc1: calls 30
rabbit333: calls 30
CDove138: folds
Lionel42: raises 90 to 120
djneb54: folds
harybalonya7: folds
omo1daz: folds
Shadesbc1: calls 90
rabbit333: calls 90
*** FLOP *** [Jc 6d 6s]
Shadesbc1: bets 120
rabbit333: raises 420 to 540
Lionel42: calls 540
Shadesbc1: raises 2070 to 2610 and is all-in
rabbit333: calls 670 and is all-in
Lionel42: ...?

What happened here? I have no idea what these guys have...Figure the raiser to have the jack played oddly...but the first better has....?

No real reads here....early on and I sat out for the first several minutes. (unforeseen necessity)

I thot my call was going to be a safety move/trap play depending...but looking back - I should've raised?

Flame away. Surely I messed this one up.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:55 PM

Default Re: $5 PS = QQ hand meets 2 aggros - I\'m LOST

Based on how they played it, I can see at least one of them with AJ. You may be up against JJ, but limping from early position is a pretty poor play with that hand because doing so lets Ax and KQ limpers in and an A or K on the flop is a disaster.

Based on some pushes I have seen at the $5 tables, I would call this one.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:56 PM

You should have made your decision on this hand when the action got back to you on the flop. Are you going to go with it, or not? A flat call is quite bad here with 2 other opponents as there is so much in the pot already and quite a lot of cards you won't like to see on the turn. I mean say an A or K comes on the turn, and there's a bazillion chips in there, what are you going to do? So, at this juncture, you should decide. Push or fold. I can't say either is particularly bad here, but being a $5, push is probably better.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You should have made your decision on this hand when the action got back to you on the flop. Are you going to go with it, or not? A flat call is quite bad here with 2 other opponents as there is so much in the pot already and quite a lot of cards you won't like to see on the turn. I mean say an A or K comes on the turn, and there's a bazillion chips in there, what are you going to do? So, at this juncture, you should decide. Push or fold. I can't say either is particularly bad here, but being a $5, push is probably better.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're probaqbly right here.... I thought I could call the flop and re-evaluate the turn...but then I got lost into TWO pushers...This hand got a little crazier than the normal $5s...and thats saying a lot.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:13 PM

yeah, there's really nothing left to re-evaluate by calling the flop raise. with what you knew at that moment, pushing over a likely "J" would have been my move.

the action behind your call? oh boy...who knows. given the PF action, i don't see JJ or an overpair here. probably a strong J, and maybe an A6 or something.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

yeah, there's really nothing left to re-evaluate by calling the flop raise. with what you knew at that moment, pushing over a likely "J" would have been my move.

the action behind your call? oh boy...who knows. given the PF action, i don't see JJ or an overpair here. probably a strong J, and maybe an A6 or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well - one of them has a jack here for sure... But I was more worried about the original better than the villian2 for the raise...

I guess another mistake I made was thinking that an average player at the 5s would know to bet out the trips into the PFR rather than check/call or check/raise. Most 5ers would play it the latter way now that I think about it....