Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-08-2005, 03:04 PM

Default Re: BBV crosspost w content

[ QUOTE ]
But you are right. There is no way to know that they will bet into us and its not worth the risk of giving a free card to a draw: betting out is best

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not worried about giving a free card to a guy on a draw. I'm worried about all the money we just left on the table by letting the turn check through!
Old 12-08-2005, 04:08 PM

I like the line by OP here. I took the exact same line earlier but with top set aces.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Either villian is not TAG or he is on some serious tilt. However, other than his horrendous preflop play, he played this hand lke a downy (maybe a little -EV on the turn).

[/ QUOTE ]
There is no excuse for this play from a tight player. it was awful. his outs were tainted and there werent enough callers (aka me) to justify playing the turn like this. he got lucky. sucks for me, $100 swing
Old 12-08-2005, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But you are right. There is no way to know that they will bet into us and its not worth the risk of giving a free card to a draw: betting out is best

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not worried about giving a free card to a guy on a draw. I'm worried about all the money we just left on the table by letting the turn check through!

[/ QUOTE ]
i think this hand is extremely standard until the river. why are we ever considering checking before then??
Old 12-08-2005, 05:53 PM

Only question is the river. You know you are ahead on the turn so keep jamming. On the river you hit the worst card that can fall in the deck. Given that you had to put him on pocket rockets or a flush draw (though the only FD a tag that caps from MP would have is AcKc and the Kc is on the board) OTOH a tag would not cap the turn either with kings on the board. Any how he is going to have Aces or a FD a huge % of the time here and you are toast. The pot is big enouugh I see nothing wrong with a check call at the end.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:21 PM

ive seen people play like this with a smaller set (pf also). a true TAG wouldnt go nuts with AA after all my aggression, and is not capping an FD on the turn, so I think bet/call is fine too.