Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-06-2005, 01:50 AM

Default Re: Another 200/400 bellagio hand vs terri

If he calls and leads (not a terrible play), shouldn't he 3-bet the river given what took place in the KJ hand?

I know what you mean about gaining and losing what a hand seems worth. But because of the KJ hand, BK is in an excellent position to make a little extra, don't you think?
Old 12-06-2005, 02:00 AM

this is an easy 5 bet on the turn and call down from there. you just give up too much by not 5 betting here.
Old 12-06-2005, 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know what you mean about gaining and losing what a hand seems worth. But because of the KJ hand, BK is in an excellent position to make a little extra, don't you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

She knows that BK had KJ that hand so that should help BK get a little extra with top 2.

BK knows she knows BK had KJ that hand so that also should help BK push harder here with top 2 and make a little extra.

BUT, she knows BK knows she knows he had KJ that hand so when BK 3-bets this hand she should assume he's not getting out of line again.

AND, BK knows she knows BK knows she knows he had KJ that hand and BK knows she should assume he's not getting over aggressive with top pair again so BK needs to play a little more carefully here.

I'm not sure where top 2 fits into all of this but I think its close either way between calling and raising.
Old 12-06-2005, 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
She knows that BK had KJ that hand so that should help BK get a little extra with top 2.

BK knows she knows BK had KJ that hand so that also should help BK push harder here with top 2 and make a little extra.

BUT, she knows BK knows she knows he had KJ that hand so when BK 3-bets this hand she should assume he's not getting out of line again.

AND, BK knows she knows BK knows she knows he had KJ that hand and BK knows she should assume he's not getting over aggressive with top pair again so BK needs to play a little more carefully here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't she know all of this, though?
Old 12-06-2005, 03:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't she know all of this, though?

[/ QUOTE ]
doesn't he know she knows all of this, though? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
If he calls and leads (not a terrible play), shouldn't he 3-bet the river given what took place in the KJ hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hadnt read the KJ hand prior to posting in this one (Was away all weekend and catching up on posts today). Given that hand I do not dislike 5-betting as much as BK is ahead more than I thought. I would really have to be in the game to know if a river bet/3-bet was not psychotic. Certainly would be pretty sweet though :-) That said, seems a little 'over tricky', and putting 4 bets in on both big streets here would make me feel pretty dumb (especially against a non-lagtard)

Default Wrong Hand

Sorry. I was mainly thinking of the other hand where BK had 44, donked the river, and wound up paying off 3rd pair or something after his opponent raised (I think this was the same player... too lazy to look it up now).

The bottom line is that I feel the image that BK has thus far developed (for better or worse), with this particular player deserves to gain him a little extra with a decent hand.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:11 AM

Default Re: Wrong Hand

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry. I was mainly thinking of the other hand where BK had 44, donked the river, and wound up paying off 3rd pair or something after his opponent raised (I think this was the same player... too lazy to look it up now).

[/ QUOTE ] Nah, it was this one.

[ QUOTE ]
Folded to me in the BB with KJ and I 3 bet. This is the 2nd time I've put a raise in out of the blinds and the last time I had kings and showed it down.

She calls.

Flop J83

I bet, she raises, I call.

Turn 5 I bet, she raises, I insta 3 bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-06-2005, 04:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
full table 200/400. I'm up and nothing significant has happened. She's read the thread where I 3 bet her on the turn with that KJ and we've discussed the hand a couple times.

Fish limps in the CO. He's the loose passive semi-older rich businessman in for a 'fun time'.

I complete JTd in the sb, terri in the bb checks.

Flop T53 with a diamond. I bet, terri calls, fish folds.

Turn J non diamond. I bet, terri raises, I insta 3 bet, she quickly 4 bets...I?

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on the results of the K-J hand and the fact that she knows what you had... and knows that you know from your conversations: I five bet and call down from there is in order. Unless of course you improve on river and then it is all out war.

I think she could easily be overplaying a worse 2 pair here based off your overaggressive action that you gave in the K-J hand.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:00 AM

if she's not the LAG type to 4-bet for a "free" showdown (doesn't sound like she is), why not call and check-raise the river?

you win the same when you're ahead, and if you're lucky she might go "huh?" and let you off cheaper when you're behind. it'll help keep her on her toes too.