Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 06:50 AM

Default Flop nut full house, but turn trips the board

Party NL $50, four-tabling. Both villains are laggy.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) internettexasholdem.com

MP ($21.38)
CO ($233.87)
Button ($48.45)
Hero ($106.82)
BB ($36.75)
UTG ($125.93)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $0.50, Button calls $0.50, Hero (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($2.50) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $2.4</font>, Button calls $2.40, Hero calls $2.40, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $7</font>, UTG folds, CO calls $4.60, Button folds, Hero calls $4.60.

Okay, so somebody definitely has a four, and I'm gonna take all their chips, right? So now what:

Turn: ($25.90) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero ???

What's my line for the rest of the hand? And is my flop play donk-ish or is this a good slowplay? I expected the button's bet, but not the c/r from BB (to which I thought "hey, the more the merrier").
Old 12-02-2005, 07:05 AM

Default Re: Flop nut full house, but turn trips the board

I would lean towards re raising that flop after getting that money trapped in the pot already. It looks like everyone is happy to go along for the ride so lets go real fast right now. The turn card is horrendous obviously. The way it was played, I think you just check and get out to any real aggression.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:14 AM

turn is gold as now you are free to stack CO if he has 77+

dont play scared, if BB has a 4, so be it
Old 12-02-2005, 07:51 AM

anything other than getting your stack in the middle against co is fine

don't tell us you did that
Old 12-02-2005, 09:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
turn is gold as now you are free to stack CO if he has 77+

dont play scared, if BB has a 4, so be it

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-02-2005, 10:10 AM

Turn is awesome. Now every pp thinks they are good. Get the money in the middle before the case 4 hits the river [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

With the action you got on the flop, I think a re-raise was in order. Somebody really like their hand here and you might as well get your money while you are the overwhelming favorite......
Old 12-02-2005, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
anything other than getting your stack in the middle against co is fine

don't tell us you did that

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's exactly what the hero wants to do. What hand is the CO playing that has a 4 in in? Only thing would be A4s. BB's action on the flop makes me think he has the case 4. You want to get the BB all in somehow, and start building a nice fat side pot with the CO, who you hope has some higher pocket pair and now thinks his 4's full should be good. You may lose the main pot to the BB, but the CO is the bigger stack and you should at least break even if you get all in against him.

and to the OP: Push that [censored] on the flop when it gets back to you the final time. Someone likes their hand a lot and is coming along for the ride. With all that action to you, you no longer need to slow play. Even if you had lost to the case 4 this time after a push/call, it's a huge +EV situation.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:35 PM

Turn: Check, check, check.

River: 2h, I bet $20 ($25 pot), BB pushes, CO folds, I call ($10 more), BB has K4s.

CO said he had an OESD, which I completely believe. I definitely agree that I should have 3-bet the flop, especially considering that a slowplay decreases the chances that a drawing hand (who's drawing dead anyway) comes along for the ride if I wait.

Is a push here not a huge overbet? After calling the $7 ($25 pot) I had $99 behind, and CO had me covered; unless it's my lucky day and they're both coming along with trip 4's, I think someone's folding. Actually, I guess it depends on who has a 4 - CO probably calls with a four, but is probably folding a higher PP or draw. BB calls most anything that he would CR the flop with, since he only had $30 left.

Thanks for the comments, I appreciate the help.