Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 11-28-2005, 06:11 PM

Default Re: Offensive Screen Names

I prefer defensive screen names.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I saw a guy w/ the screen name "AdolfHitler". you think sites should allow this to happen?

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw "mEroFxeSlanA" on the Party skins.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:17 PM

I have no idea what means.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:18 PM

I'm glad I don't spend my life worrying about petty things....is it really worth it? You're on there to play poker right...avatars/names/etc mean nothing in the end.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:22 PM

Most sites have rules against offensive screen names. If it bothers you, email them about it. They'll probably ask that the player change his or her name.

Even though you're playing against adults, most sites use some sort of filtering software to block offensive chat (kind of silly imo as long as words aren't being used as verbal abuse). If a screen name slips by that would otherwise violate a site's standards (even the spirit of their standards) , it hurts nothing to let them know about it (it's their business decision afterall). If adolf doesn't like it he can crawl back into hell where he belongs.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have no idea what means.

[/ QUOTE ]

read it backwards.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok, youve actually made a good point.

ill still expect a poker site to censor some names. i could care less about four letter words. but if i sat down w/ "BinLaden_was_right" or something ill send an email to support and express that im upset that someone is using the screenname.

[/ QUOTE ]

so to you, using a "four letter word" that is generally accepted as "bad" and are in fact blocked from the chat functions of most sites is less offensive than the free expression of a thought that you disagree with?

So what if someone has Bin_Laden_was_right or AdolfHitler? Perhaps that person believes that BinLaden was right or that Hitler is someone to be looked up to. Clearly you disagree and for the record so do I, but I wouldn't want to prevent them from expressing that opinion (no matter how minutely).

I don't think that any screen names are offensive. The ones that piss me off are the ones like "LoosePassiveFish" when the guy clearly is a TAG because the SOB subconciously puts it in my head that he is a LoosePassiveFish before I even see a hand against him and it costs me money. Now that, is offensive!

FishNChips
Old 11-28-2005, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ok, youve actually made a good point.

ill still expect a poker site to censor some names. i could care less about four letter words. but if i sat down w/ "BinLaden_was_right" or something ill send an email to support and express that im upset that someone is using the screenname.

[/ QUOTE ]

so to you, using a "four letter word" that is generally accepted as "bad" and are in fact blocked from the chat functions of most sites is less offensive than the free expression of a thought that you disagree with?

So what if someone has Bin_Laden_was_right or AdolfHitler? Perhaps that person believes that BinLaden was right or that Hitler is someone to be looked up to. Clearly you disagree and for the record so do I, but I wouldn't want to prevent them from expressing that opinion (no matter how minutely).

I don't think that any screen names are offensive. The ones that piss me off are the ones like "LoosePassiveFish" when the guy clearly is a TAG because the SOB subconciously puts it in my head that he is a LoosePassiveFish before I even see a hand against him and it costs me money. Now that, is offensive!

FishNChips

[/ QUOTE ]

no, curse words which are banned arent offensive to me.

racist slurs, nazi references and 9-11 disaster references are offensive to me . i dont want to see them. im a member of the ACLU so dont make this some ridiculous argument about freedom of expression.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im a member of the ACLU so dont make this some ridiculous argument about freedom of expression.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good to know you're a hypocrite as well as a moron.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no, curse words which are banned arent offensive to me.

racist slurs, nazi references and 9-11 disaster references are offensive to me . i dont want to see them. im a member of the ACLU so dont make this some ridiculous argument about freedom of expression.

[/ QUOTE ]

never mind... you're right and I'm wrong. Your ACLU membership makes that abundantly clear.