Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2005, 07:21 PM

Default Re: 150/300 hand

Versus that player, with your hand, I think your plan should be to cause more trouble on a flop that allows you to do so.

River - Guys like him will check behind with some hands that beat you, so checking the river is not terrible. But there are enough A-high hands that he could have that he might call with, so I would value bet, and fold to a raise.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:23 PM

Check call to induce a bluff. I don't think he's calling with anything you beat here.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont understand why you bet the turn. i would alternate between c/c and c/r on that card. can you explain why you donked it with a showdownable hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is something that drives me nuts. I want to show down, but at the same time when he checks behind on the turn with overs, I puke. Are we not correct to bet this turn given our holding? If he pops us, it sucks, but we have a great deal of outs to improve. I just hate giving a guy a free one here. Please tell me how/if my logic is wrong.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:40 PM

I don't think you're wrong at all. If we can't count on the villian to bet w/ a worse hand, which certainly seems to be the case here, I think donking is the way to go. Some players will bet regardless of their holding when checked to after showing PF agression, against them w/ this strong of a draw I'd go for c/r.

lf
Old 11-27-2005, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bet

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop, please just stop. Like elindauer and AndyFox have commented on already if you're not going to take the time to elaborate and include the what with your why, don't bother posting. Nobody is impressed by getting your post count up with uninteresting and uninsightful one line quips.

lf
Old 11-27-2005, 07:44 PM

This villian has an AF of 1.0 in short handed games. He's not betting anything hero beats here. If BK checks and the villian bets, its a clear fold.

He might, however, call w/ a whiffed A-high not believing hero donked a pair. If BK is putting one bet in on this river, it needs to be as the bettor.

lf
Old 11-27-2005, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bob,

I would probably call a river raise. What hand does he smoothcall the turn with that raises the river? The play makes no sense and will be a bluff enough times to call IMO.

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not Bob, but I would say JJ or TT might smoothcall the turn. Hero's bet looks like "I think you have AK and I have a pair, and I don't want you to get a free card." If villian interprets it this way, and he has JJ or TT, hero is drawing dead. He also probably knows that BK is capable of bet/folding a pair on the turn, and might wait with a set. I don't think this villian ever raises the river without a better hand.

lf
Old 11-27-2005, 07:56 PM

I didn't look at villains description when I made that post. Thanks for correcting me.

Against a normal, LAGy opponent I would expect it to be a bluff often enough to call b/c it is such an odd line. Against a tight/passive I agree a fold is best.

Surf
Old 11-27-2005, 08:02 PM

i bet/fold the river like most other people since ace-high is checking behind but probably calling a bet... why didn't you play the flop faster, though? i'm really curious, since i usually go apeshit on flops like that.
Old 11-27-2005, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This villian has an AF of 1.0 in short handed games. He's not betting anything hero beats here. If BK checks and the villian bets, its a clear fold.

He might, however, call w/ a whiffed A-high not believing hero donked a pair. If BK is putting one bet in on this river, it needs to be as the bettor.

lf

[/ QUOTE ]

Even 1 AFs find it hard not to bet a checked river with just with ace high when the obvious draws miss.